1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chili Cookoff at Bubbas benefiting CP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlassHalfFull, Jan 19, 2009.

1. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

A 16 year old Rockets fan named Gary is hosting a Chili Cookoff at Bubba's Sports Bar and Grill link for info on Feb. 22nd to support Cerebral Palsey. Eric Winston and other Texan players will be present.

Here is a link to Gary's foundation The Gary Lynn Foundation if you want more information about the foundation.

Bubba's is hosting a sign up party on Jan 30th from 5-7pm. There will be free munchies,prizes and happy hour drinks and Eric Winston and John McClain will be there and other personalities.

Or you can sign up by going here

The cookoff should be a ton of fun and it would be great to see Clutchfans sponsor a team or even more.

Here are some picture of Gary at a Rockets game last year.

With the Red Rowdies

[​IMG]

With some Texans fans at the Rockets game

[​IMG]

Don't laugh at the kid who is holding up 12 instead of 21 (it was during the streak), it is my son and he doesn't understand mirror images apparently.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I thought this was either going to be for Chris Paul or Charlie Pallilo.

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I thought it was going to be for Child p*rn.

Man, am I glad I was wrong.

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

LOL at the old guy on the left in the 1st pic

5. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

He was the usher in charge of that section and he did NOT approve of Gary's visitors. We took a picture with some Texans cheerleaders and Gary from that game, and he didn't even approve of them visiting.

6. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Yeah. TC ushers seem to have a stick up their butts. But security? I talked to a security guard for like 10 minutes after the game Saturday. He was a cool guy.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"Stop having fun, this is a Rockets game!!!"

8. Landlord Landry

very cool stuff GlassHF, thanks for the heads up on the cookoff, updated the events list on my blackberry!

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

10. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

There are three categories for the cookoff on Feb. 22nd.

Chili

Potato Salad

Margaritas.

I volunteered to be a judge for the margarita competition. You can enter 1, 2 or all 3 areas. It would be great to see a Clutchfans team dressed in their Rockets gear there. I know there will be a couple of Texans teams there.

Plus, there will be a silent auction of sports gear. Not sure what will be donated this time, but at a golf tournament sponsored by the same people, I got a nice autographed Battier jersey last fall.

11. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

The cookoff is today. Tasting bracelets are $5 and the tasting starts at 10:00am. Eric Winston from the Texans will be there and there are other celebrity judges.

We spent some time taste testing our margarita recipe last night, and are due to be at Bubba's cooking at 8:00 am. This should last most of the afternoon.

Stop by the Blue Crew and say hi. There may even be a free beer for Clutchfan members!!!!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

sneaky sneaky