1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Childhood Games (Non-Video Games) You Used To Play

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LardLad, Aug 7, 2010.

1. LardLad

LardLad Member

Cops & Robbers: (jailhouse were stairs throughout our apartment complex) Robbers would run all over the apartment complex while the "cops" tracked us down hiding in trees or behind fences. Once jailed we had nothing to do but talk about Astros baseball cards and soon..girls.

Marbles: This may be antiquated but I remember me and my friends swiping away at dirt to make an even plain. I remember the jumbo marbles were highly coveted and you had to be a true marksman to win at this game. Marbles was always fun...whoever had the biggest sack would be considered a Marble pro. Shut up, pervs.

Coconut/ Bloody Knuckles: No explanation needed.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I played doctor with the neighborhood girls all the time.

:cool:

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Guns.

Essentially it was war between two groups of kids. It would get pretty elaborate, with forts, traps, etc.

I built a lot of crap too. My treehouse went from a simple platform to a two story fully walled and windowed fortress. I even had a trap door to the roof, so I guess you could even say it was three stories.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

1.tag your it
    2. hide and seek
    3.pencil break
    4. power rangers
    5. super soakers filled with bleach

5. LardLad

LardLad Member

Pencil Break would make my finger bones rattle from the impact. Awesome game! :eek:

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Twister.

No guys (besides me) allowed.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Let me tell you ******* youngun's here a thing or two about a game we used to play back in the early 1990s. This was hardly a game though, it was more like a way of life. It was called simply "Hot Lava."

You have never lived until you knew what was at stake in such an unforgiving game. It all probably spurned from hours upon hours of playing games like Super Mario Bros. and Sonic The Hedgehog, the rules of Hot Lava were very simple.

When some young person yelled out "HOT LAVA!" you then had to as quickly as possible get onto any object and off the floor, which has been magically transformed into hot lava due to somebody declaring the floor as such by screaming out the aforementioned "HOT LAVA!"

As you can imagine, playing Hot Lava was a test of endurance, agility, mental constitution, and even in some rare cases... sexual stamina. Sure, the point of the game was simple enough, don't touch the hot lava or you're dead. But depending on how many couches were available... You could end up standing on something like a brick, which isn't the most advantageous place to be. Your friends can then knock you into the hot lava, which as you will recall, kills you.

Hot Lava was a classic, I miss those days.

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Sounds like a game that could easily be adapted (with hilarious results) to college drinking-game status.

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Smear the Queer

10. LardLad

LardLad Member

No, it would only taint the innocence of it all. I remember playing this game. We would sporadically throw out sofa and bed pillows amongst the floor. Anyone caught with even a toe dragging on said floor would be considered dead and the victim of our ridicule for the rest of the game while we wildly jumped from safe point to safe point. It is a miracle no one ever broke a bone in my family.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dookie Rag:
    turn the ceiling fan on an toss a hand towel into it. If you were hit buy the towel you were Mr. Dookie.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

cool, cool, cool, WTF?, cool.

Please place your man-card in the basket and move along.

13. Poloshirtbandit

We'd get detention for playing that.

14. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

4-Square: Awesome game with a bouncing ball. I hate all of you that used "black magic." Black magic is BULL****! haha

Gladiator: Game we used to play on the playgrounds. Pretty much like tag, but with a large group of people against 1 person with fighting and brawling. Dunno how I made it without any major injuries.

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

King of the Mountain

16. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Army men.
    Red light, green light.
    Mother, may I?

17. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

-Kick ball, which was basically baseball with no baseball or bat, using a soccer ball.
    -4 square
    -Around the world.
    -Badminton
    -Freeze tag
    -Hide and seek until one of my sisters decided to hide in the dryer and my other sister turned it on while she was in there on purpose. lmao the good ole days.
    -Uno
    -Jax
    -Marbles
    -Cops and robbers/cowboys and indians/power rangers (it was all the same)
    -Capture the flag

I miss my Sailor Moon collection :(

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

baseball using my hand as a bat and a tennis ball in the pool

some sort of hybrid of flashlight tag/kick the can...ok this was my favorite by far. late at night. lots of fun.

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Wallball - A group of children throwing a tennis ball against the side of the school. If you dropped the ball when trying to catch it off the bounce from the wall, you had to run and touch the wall before someone threw you out by throwing it off the wall. Three outs, and you stand spread eagle, face against the wall, and get pegged.

There were many little rules, like yelling "Freeze" to stop someone far from the wall from getting closer to throw the ball without bouncing it or missing the wall.

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Sexual stamina?