1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicago Gonna Chicago] Teen murdered on family's front porch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think something radically different needs to happen and I think it has to happen internally. I think it's clear the current path isn't really working that well.

2. dmoneybangbang

I mean these particular Chicago communities are pretty neglected and violent, this isn't some movie where the new kid comes in and changes the community.

Are the Native Americans just going to start improving themselves after all these years? The path of abuse and neglect hasn't worked well.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And when Obama was president what was the reason?

4. dmoneybangbang

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

At some point the problems of the poor in these areas have to be addressed from the inside.

The government cant initiate all changes needed.

6. Nook

Nook Member

This almost never works without government involvement.

The reality is that black Americans, in large part have faced institutional racism and general racism for a long time.

When you strip the culture of a group of people, they will suffer.

Just throwing money at the problem will not solve it, but this idea that 37,000,000 people are going to suddenly pull themselves up by their boot straps is not grounded in reality.

There is no easy solution or it already would have been implemented.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its not that there is no easy solution. Education for instance, we can argue back and forth about the quality of schokls.

The reality is education needs to be promoted in home as well. There isn't enough focus from solving the problem from the homes regardless of investment in schools.

8. dmoneybangbang

I’m sure the native American population just needed an internal spark and they’d be doing better....

Or that’s just a naive belief on how the world works.

9. dmoneybangbang

How do force/or push parents to solve the home issue? If they are single family or both parents work, then what?

Frankly I think moving away from after school programs has been disasterous.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That is another subject

Black people aren't being holocausted

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The point is nothing will get better till homes improve.
    We have public schools. Regardless of their quality they will never be maximized till homes improve

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Folx need to recognize.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Chicago area is full of jobs. Continental moved its HQ to Chicago several years back, and there will be other companies that do the same thing as well as new companies popping up in the area.

Jobs are a plenty in the Chicago area. Question is: why should/would any of these companies hire people from the South Side Chicago and other Chicago crime hotspots?

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because the applicants might be qualified to do the job.

15. dmoneybangbang

Lol, but how will homes improve?

16. dmoneybangbang

If they are qualified for the position, why not? Same for Trump country, there’s jobs, why can’t they pull themselves up by the boot strap.

Poor blacks= pull yourself by the bootstraps

Poor Trump country = foreigners took your jobs.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Native Americans are a completely different subject. I don't know why you keep bringing them up.

And yes I know this isn't a movie, but I don't think the path of government reliance is the correct path at this point in time. We've been going down it for decades and the government hasn't done a great job at building sustainable communities. As I mentioned before I think the forgotten message of Malcolm X would go much further than any of these current solutions being used.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

For whatever it is worth, Trump conveyed that message of illegals taking your jobs to blacks as well.

19. dmoneybangbang

How so? What makes them so special that they can’t pull themselves up internally while blacks are held to a different standard.

It’s not an either or situation. Everyone is reliant on the government to varying degrees. Are you talking about welfare?

20. dmoneybangbang

Not worth much since Trump/GOP prefer to use illegal immigration as a political ploy. I would welcome them rolling out some sort of federal e verify system so we can actually start fixing this issue.