1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicago Gonna Chicago] Teen murdered on family's front porch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How about protesting your neighborhoods where the violence is happening?

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize the guns and drugs are not made in those neighborhoods? Imported as are most of the customers for those drug.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is right. We can talk ab causes of violence but what are they protesting?

4. Cohete Rojo

Chicago was once a great city. My father, who was raised there, spoke so highly of it.

It is now turned into a mess where the vile rhetoric of "police brutality" is used to undermine law enforcement -- leading to unnecessary incidents like this:

Chicago's murder rate has dropped the past two years. And there is one reason why: more law enforcement.

Why did Chicago hire more cops? Because Donald Trump lit a fire under Rahm Emanuel. If Trump had not the balls to call out people like Emanuel, Chicago would easily be the most violent city in the US, and it would probably be among the top 10 most violent cities in the world.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Chicago announced plans to hire around 1000 more officers prior to Trump being elected.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Trump HAD NOTHING to do with it. A Police Officer hiring initiative was announced while Obama was in office.

7. Cohete Rojo

I said nothing of Trump being president or being elected. It goes to show how meaningful Trump's rhetoric can be and what it can accomplish. I commend Emanuel for having the courage to do what most Democrats would not do.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Jesus you're full of crap.

R0ckets03 and hvic like this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

10. Cohete Rojo

11. Cohete Rojo

12. fiersdownbelow

#BLM isn't about gang violence! False equivalency hurr hurr!

This is why our cities continue to go to **** by the way. Look at what our "progressives" think is more important... at least they are pretending to care about black lives I guess.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Play stupid games. win stupid prizes.

Nook likes this.
  14. Cohete Rojo

15. foh

foh Member

Let me guess. Liberals, immigrants, Obama at fault?
    And the fact that gun violence is going down is all thanks to El Presidento? (based on your post above)
    Let's hear another one sided argument - it's good entertainment. For you and for us.

16. dmoneybangbang

Our war on drugs working as intended....

Our patchwork of guns laws working as intended....

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really need gun control in Indiana to help the cops get an edge in Chicago. It's so crazy

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Sad situation. RIP.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Chicago was once a great city? You reference crime as the reason it isn’t anymore? You haven’t spent a lot of time in Chicago years ago, I can tell. The reason is Chicago isn’t nearly as violent or corrupt as it used to be. Chicago was extremely violent and everyone was controlled by the mafia or bought politicians.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The problem isn't Chicago as a whole. I was just there a couple weeks ago. It's a pretty safe city overall, but the black areas are where the murders and crime are. Sucks to say it, but it is what it is. Blacks, whites, and Hispanics make up about equal portions of the city. Blacks are 77.3% of the people murdered over the past 5 years, Hispanics 15.5%, and white/other 4.7%.

I was talking with an uber driver there who grew up in the projects and it sounded like he was describing Lord of the Flies when he was growing up. He hadn't read the book, so I told him to check it out. We had a pretty in depth conversation about how he was able to avoid the bad paths and he talked about how the kids get sucked down the wrong path so easily. Talking with him makes think about trying to mentor some kids. but it almost feels overwhelming and I wouldn't want to be a disappointment but maybe I'll try to pursue it somehow. The total lack of adult and parental direction he was describing was just so damn sad to hear.