1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago’s newly armed residents send murder rate plummeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TexasStake, Apr 5, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wait...wtf? How is not banned yet...let alone still retaining his thread starting privileges...

I can think of a million reasons why Clutch probably banned him. Also, I think you are allowed to come back under a new username, but you are on a shorter leash.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What? Lol

I don't think I've ever seem someone talk out of both sides of their mouth so much in the same paragraph. That takes talent!

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I've never seen somebody defeat his own point so quickly. And then go on to say 'If you're smart, you can avoid these areas'. Surely you meant 'If you have enough money', since earlier, you already pointed out that poverty was the cause of them remaining in these areas.

I do take the rest of your point, but it still seems unreasonable to expect people to just KNOW where crime is going to happen and avoid that area for the rest of their lives. Sure, there are neighbourhoods that you know to avoid, but what's to stop crime from spilling from one unsafe area to a 'safe' area?

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

The word Lisa used was "specious," not "spacious."

5. Nook

Nook Member

No one believes that you need to walk around Chicago in a bullet proof vest.

Chicago deserves it's reputation for better or worse. The fact is that the number of people killed in Chicago by gun violence is high, the level of gang activity is high. Further you act like the South Side and pockets of violence on the West Side and areas right outside of Chicago are isolated.... they are not, they border nice areas, just like EVERY OTHER city. Do you think that when NYC had a high crime rate it was evenly distributed? No.... crime tends to be clustered in areas... Houston, DC, Chicago and Los Angeles are no different. Pouhe was hitting on this point.

You really have no point.... the murder rate in Chicago is what it is.... it will eventually go down (hopefully)..... but the real discussion should be why no one in Chicago seems to give a damn as long as it isn't in their neighborhood... as long as the blacks and mexicans shoot each other, no one cares.... and Chicago is supposed to be a blue city......