1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chet Holmgren = Zhou Qui

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Imanimal, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is what dumber than dumb looks like.

Nook likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hope we get to see the Chet player only fans take on the Jalen Green player only fans.

Should be entertaining.

VanityHalfBlack and J.R. like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

or how to say his name.

joe chi.

snowconeman22 and HP3 like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Spell the man's name correctly if you're going to talk about him you absolute spoon.

Nook, VanityHalfBlack and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Joe Cheese*

VanityHalfBlack and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I think Chet will be decent but I definitely like Jabari with the #1 pick. Seems like a can’t miss

roslolian likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

OP don’t know Chet!!!!

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Chet Holmgren ='s this scrawny scrub

[​IMG]

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Chet = Cletus from The Simpsons

Nook and napalm06 like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess some people forgot the how AWESOME ZHOU CHI was

Rocket River

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's a surprise. It's so NOT like @Imanimal to start a stupid thread. :D

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

is that Ryan hollins ?

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  14. lionaire

lionaire Member

OP basing his analysis off seeing a picture of Chet lmao

I've been a big hater of Gonzaga in the past cause of their weak schedules but I don't think that narrative holds true this year. They played a lot of legit teams.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is in the Australian League now....you could watch him.

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

That’s funny because 90% of this board are sheep who follow the team narrative down the toilet. I get flamed for speaking most times the truth before the sheep eventually come aboard. I was against “small ball” when everyone else here absolutely loved it; against MDA for using it and now there are no teams wanting him as head coach; against Steven Silas for being the worst coach in Rockets history and how is that now turning out for all you Silas fanboys (which is 90% of this site); first one to immediately call out not keeping Allen & LeVert after the trade, as I felt those were two key pieces of the trade and we desperately needed Allen’s size; same with Capela trade as I was one of the few to call out Morey (multiple times) as he was perceived by the sheep as a deity; called out MDA for not playing M Harrell or Faried at all during the playoffs (Harrell went on to win 6th man of the year); etc.etc. Holmgren is the best pound per pound player in college basketball, but you are naive if you don’t think his skeletal 190 lb frame will get abused by NBA centers. If he can add 50 pounds then it’s a different story, but his frame doesn’t appear to be the type to do it. He’s literally got no shoulders and his legs are skinnier than any other player I’ve ever seen at the pro level except Manute Bol. If you all are good with a better version of Manute Bol for the first pick in the draft then this is definitely your guy. Life is short and I’m tired of being the worst team in the NBA and a franchise that’s no longer taken seriously. If Chet somehow adds 50 pounds then we’re all set…..if not then we are stuck with a horribly coached 15-20 win season again. Rinse and repeat and not worth the risk when Ja Morant junior (Ivey) is available and Durant junior (Smith) is available. Just look at Memphis to see how getting a guy like Ivey can turn things around.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Try not to choke on your word vomit.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

your %'s are definitely wrong and you're just that select number of folks on the board that makes it worse with your constant dumb takes. dont try to group other folks into a certain box just because your that bad

trying to act like you somehow go against the crowd makes you better is laughable. And that you post truth. Nah you offer dumb opinions constantly just like alot of the nonsense you're crying about in your post.

#38 YOLO, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Chet is definitely more talented than Zhou Qi but health is separate from talent. Other people who dont have any concern about Chet's thin frame are the same ones who didnt have any concern about Zion's weight as well. I think it s def a red flag, I'd take Jabari and maybe even Ivey over Chet just cuz I like sure things at the top of the draft.

20. omgTHEpotential

I don't think Chet will be a superstar in the NBA. But he will be a very solid player (most likely a perennial All-Star if all goes perfectly for him health wise). Comparing him to Zhou Qi is a bit of a stretch regardless if Zhou Qi was beasting in China before coming to the NBA. Chet just does many more things at an equal or better level. He's like a Pau Gasol with a worse frame but better shot blocking instincts.

#40 omgTHEpotential, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022