1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chess outlawed in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No this is more like a priest in America saying something is forbidden. Not legally binding on anyone. It is morally or religiously binding on people who have "chosen" this particular "scholar" as their guru. That is common practice in extremist islam, choosing one or a couple of "scholars" as your source for decisions. For example, exiled would choose a particular scholar as his scholar of choice and then follow his fatwas because exiled has come to the conclusion that this particular guy has credibility which transcends his own bias in making decisions about things for which there is not a clear ruling in wahhabism.

As for everyone else, they can play chess. The danger in saudi arabia is that - especially in and around riyadh - the moral police might see you and illegally harass you or even sometimes attempt to fine or arrest you for playing chess but in recent times saudi citizens have been telling them to mind their own business and gtfo.

A good recent example is girls wearing nail polish, which is not illegal in saudi arabia but they were verbally harassing and chasing down single girls in malls telling them they should remove their nail polish until one girl shamed them in public, posted it online and it went viral. Now everyone records them when they approach and post it online. As much as I hate to post anything from memri, I couldn't find another video here is the girl with the nail polish:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OpUUOYRLW3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice how the cops came and told them to bounce. The reason they are able to keep doing it is because they threaten the activation of psycho wahhabists to do things like throw acid on girls whose faces are not covered - which is a thing that was happening for some time in saudi. Unfortunately, the media only caught one of those incidents against a non-saudi and framed it as an attack on expatriates when in reality 99.99% of victims were saudi girls wearing the hijab but not covering their face.

They're kind of like rogue moral cops with a notebook, like the guy in california years ago who was shutting down mar1juana dispensaries although he was told not to until a decision was made.

I also never miss a chance to mention the name of their organization which has me in tears every time I read it:

[​IMG]

#21 Mathloom, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good lord that country needs an uprising so badly.

DD

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the women should just leave that country and see what happens in 100 years.

4. Exiled

Exiled Member

I see this issue so Innocent as a matter of fact it's cute when the

clerk of Saudi talk about chess as a bad thing. When his counterpart busy

Issuing fatawa to molest an infant like Shia khoumini , or ...forget it...not all Catholic priest s like

that :)

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's what ISIS is. That country DOES NOT need an uprising.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exiled, I've heard that Wahabis like eating ass. Could you explain the process to me?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do you have any idea what an "uprising" there would lead to?

8. conquistador#11

damn man, the system be hard yo. trying to find that scene from the wire on how to play chess. they all been got, can't embed.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You're shifting. I don't trust that source but I am no supporter of Khmeini or theocracies in general.

So whats the proper technique when it comes to eating ass? I remember reading it on a site just like you posted. Please go into vivid detail.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

So typical almost a generic toqiya response:

I am not aware.

I am moderate

I am not a fan of Khoumini

have no idea of what's you are talking about.

When in fact that b*stard is officially named among you as

: the God Wonder,the ultimate Councler: blah blah Khumini, which you don't know a nothings

about him ,but swept in tears when his student alnamer finally served Justice

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

wtf are you blabbing about you pyscho [​IMG]

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's essentially trying to change the subject by attacking sammy who's not even participating here and insinuating that I'm a closet shiite who wants to make sunnis look bad.

Instead he ignores the only thing that matters:

Sammy barely knew anything about khomeini till recently, generally a moderate dude. The problem is wahhabists like exiled have been brainwashed into believing most iranians and shiites worship khomeini as a god. Which is true in the same way it's true of wahhabists - it's only a small minority funded with money stolen from other citizens, and they never themselves admit that they worship a human being. Once oil disappears the khmeini and ibn wahhab worshippers will all be back to their caves, thankfully.

Exiled actually follows ass-backwards wahabist fatwas. Seriously, he follows all these scary fatwas. The only thing is he's too much of a coward to follow the fatwas which tell him to do anything difficult. He lives off the welfare of a person who he knows is only acting religious and who he knows is paying the salary of his otherwise unskilled barbaric idols like the "scholar" in the OP.

I feel bad, this guy is really misrepresenting saudis on the board. Please guys always remember that exiled is the saudi arabian equivalent of a donald trump supporter. Doesn't represent most saudi youth.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How is he misrepresenting them? Do you think the majority of Saudi youth is liberal? If so, how so, after so many decades of brainwashing?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Freedom for some very oppressed people?

I guess it depends upon the uprising.

Either way, you don't want to ask my opinion on the middle east....I think that is one messed up region.

DD

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree the M.E. is totally messed up and my views on the region are also unorthodox.

But on Saudi Arabia, there won't be more freedom if a sudden uprising overturns the existing order. The resulting chaos would result in massive bloodshed, executions with an extreme Islamist regime taking over. Living conditions for everyone would crash.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fixed...they already have an extreme Islamist regime responsible for massive bloodshed and executions. And you are right - there is little hope that anyone other than an Islamist regime rules there.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

Even the dumbest guy on this board recognize how Mathllom is confused.

So do I follow wahhabj scary fatwa, or I'm just too lazy to do so@!

Is fatawa actually mandatory like you shias ,or we just cherry pick what we like?

Am i a suppressed citizen, or living on government welfare?

Is it really a bad place,then why you are so desperate to find work there again

It's just remind me of someone deny or ashamed to be shia but tell another confuelsd poster: hey Khumini teaching is closest teaching of pure Islam.

For a guy often start his sentence's with " i 'v seen something no one saw"
    " I know things no one would believe "
    " I stuided these things but I'm clueless about things within these exact things i studied...

Then I confirmed my earlier diagnosis : its a schizophrenia Dear.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I really hate to say this, but Saudi Arabia is an unsalvageable country. Just the way it is.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That would be you.

1 person likes this.