1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check out my nail salon in Cypress!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by khanhdum, May 10, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Do you think it's better to aim for a lower class clientele and have more business or a higher class clientele with less business?

In theory, more business would = more tips = more money?

If you don't mind, how much did it cost for the total start up?

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How do you know the Rockets are in Texas? Everything is about race, lol. Anyway nice Salon man, I'll spread that address around for ya.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

not exactly, more business doesn't mean more money since you would have to charge lower. And then the equal amounts of money, the higher end clientelle would tip more but as a owner, tips doesn't matter and only to the employees. However there are successful shops in the lower income area but they have to make it like a sweat shop and crank out customers like crazy.

As for startup cost, I'm not comfortable in revealing that.

thanks a lot man.

5. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

In before OP=LOF

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I know you're trying to be funny, but my account was way before Lin. No need to bring in that LOF mess in this thread.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Understandable. What about this question, how long do you think it'll take for you to turn a profit? (after paying back all the start up costs etc).

The reason I ask is because I used to know people who owned salons and did fairly decent, but they didn't have a shop as nice as yours.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Typically for nail salons, the owners look to recoup their costs fully after 1 year. Of course it's all different for everybody but on average I would say 1 year but the salons are also more basic. For mine, my gf and I am hoping to recoup everything by end of the year since we're trying to market pretty heavily and with how it looks, we are hoping business picks up quickly and consistently after a month or so. It might be a bit unreasonable but we're being optimistic about it.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

figured to bump this since we had our 1 year anniversary. We have 1 clutchfan's fiance that comes to the salon and a good friend to my wife now. if you guys got wifes, girlfriends, moms, sisters then refer them to us if they're near the cypress area! :)

thanks guys

heypartner likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How's bidness?

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Rough in the beginning months but now we are pretty solid and growing. Definitely been a very stressful roller coaster but we can see our hard work paying off and excited to see where we can take it

gatsby, CometsWin and TheMystery008 like this.
  12. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

[​IMG]

#52 CourtOfDreams, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017