1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheap Prescriptions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by firecat, Mar 11, 2009.

1. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

My dad has a number of medical issues which require him to spend over $500/month on prescriptions. He's on a fixed Social Security income and I told him that I would try and find the cheapest place to get his meds.

Anyway, do any of you know the best/cheapest places to get medications filled?

Years ago, I would consider making the trip to Mexico to stock up as I live in Austin and it's not that far to Laredo, but I don't want to have anything to do with border towns right now.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

3. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

i used to order zyertec (when it was prescription only) from canada. with my insurance, it was $30 for 25 pills, from canada it was $35 for 90 pills.

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Wal*Mart does $4 generics. Check them out here.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

walmart, to stay legal

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Medco.com- legit site that human resources at UT told me to go to. Saves me over $1,000 a year on everything my family needs. Not only are they cheap, they have an engine that compares your name-brand scripts to generic scripts and then generates a form for your doctor's office to fax in to switch scripts. Awesome site.

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Thats what the company I work for uses for the prescription insurance.
    Whenever I have to get medicine I go to WalMart or HEB and its just $4

8. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. I'll check out Medco.

9. mazyar

mazyar Member

hispanic?

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My buddy gets some of his meds from Quality Generics.com

The medication is shipped from either India or Hong Kong, so some American buyers are wary of this. But he really hasn't had a problem with it. Plus you don't even need a prescription.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I've seen too many Dateline and 20/20s showing these foriegn importers are basically coloring and stamping sugar pills in many cases. I'm sure there are legit businesses using this model, but the possibility for corruption or corner cutting is very possible.

12. TheBigAristotle

If you think that's expensive, try getting them illegally lol. I've contemplated from time to time seeing if I can get some of my medications overseas and the prices are ****ing ridiculous. No thanks, I'll keep going to my doctor and getting a prescription/certain quantity that way.

13. TheBigAristotle

How's this Wal-Mart stuff work btw? You still go to a doctor or you just walk up and say this one this one and this one?

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

it looks like you have to be a Medco insurance member already? Or am I missing something?