1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chauncey Billups - "They Didn't Even Fight for the Game"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 5, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tomorrow's comeback effort....

Go up by 10 in the first half

Loose lead by 3rd quarter

Fight to survive entire 4th quarter - 50/50 chance we in (with Paul out)

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Morey, sign Billups!

Goodness, a prime Billups would be the perfect point guard for this team. Tough defender, can play with the ball but if also a knock down 3 point shooter. Very good leader and can get everyone involved.

3. Handles

Handles Member

I'm a HUGE rockets fan and this has never happened to me before, but I actually fell asleep somewhere around the end of the 3rd quarter. And I'm so glad I did. Based on clutchfans' reactions, I don't think I could have handled the 4th quarter without losing it.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Coaching gig? He might turn out be better than McHair but in a couple of years.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Actually, Miami rolled over in the Finals last year in Game 3 and 4.

But Game 1 at home...yeah, probably never.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have a little more confidence than you. Maybe I'll look like a fool, and the Clippers will hang tough, but I think the Rockets will get it done.

7. malakas

malakas Member

I didn't mind the loss. What has me worried is the last two minutes when the team gave up. You can lose but keep trying until the end. But giving up when the game was still within reach is inexcusable during the playoffs.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

did Harden quit on the Rockets?

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You guys are sissies man I'm pissed as all of you and walked out the stadium and threw my free shirt in the trash because of what I saw..... But the clippers are not better than the rockets we played our style and got up 13 even with sketchy shooting and TOs. We can beat this team, it's not going to be easy but the playoffs never are. I just can't get behind the notion that we are done and harden is a scrub like many here are staing once again. This guy was our engine all year and led us to the 2nd seed and now you want to turn on him?

C'mon fellas we better than that, last I checked the clippers lost too the spurs last round by 27 freaking points and their coach called them out for not playing hard also. What happens? Ohh ya the knocked off the spurs in 7.

Ariza was making behind the back passes on 3-1 fast breaks and shooting midrange jumpers off the dribble. Terry jumped in the air to pass to Matt Barnes josh smith tried to throw the ball into Dwight with 3 players on him then threw it to the corner with no one their. We won't play that bad again we got too many vets that have been their to let that happen.

Also Matt Barnes won't score 20 on 8/13 shooting and rivers won't put up 17. Those guys suck and that's not hating Barnes has been hot garbage for over 2 years now. They have to play him cause the litterly have no one else. I don't even need to say anything about rivers smh.

And to the guys taking about PTI that show is worse than first take. Wilbon is prob my least favorite guy on espn only because while he seems like a nice guy he knows nothing about the NBA even tho he's a lead anyallst and reporter for the NBA. He talks like he watches the games but you can tell he only reads the box scores. He so trash now and espn and the media only talk rockets when we lose that's just facts not opinion. I don't really care because I have come to expect that but I have all the faith in the world this team will bang the clippers out Tom night.

10. nemac

nemac Member

Could be the Harden Howard relationship. Dwight admitted they are not very close. James refers to himself as the leader, meanwhile I've heard Dwight say the experienced guys on the team like him and Jet have to lead. Saw Harden wave off a Howard screen and Dwight was upset about it, waving his hands.

Also could be nothing. I'll go with that, and a game 2 blowout.

11. reliableman

reliableman Member

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

There are a lot of reasons for the implosion Monday night including the effort of the team but it could also be frustration from how they have played against the Clippers the past few years.

This turnover bug is a huge concern to me and its not the first time this team has had turnover trouble the past few years.

We have Jason Terry starting at PG and when is the last time he got major minutes at PG 10yrs ago with the Hawks, and that ended so bad he basically got turned into a backup 2G with the Mavs.

We miss D-Mo's lost post offense I don't care what anyone says, and it might have been noticed against Dallas but sure could have used him in this series for just having another big body to throw at Blake Griffin.

McHale said the things they were doing on defense is not what they had practice and if thats true this is really unacceptable and not listening to the coach is crazy when you got this far by buying into what he has said because it won a lot of games this year.

If Chris Paul gets healthy the Clippers are going to be a confident bunch and is this Rockets team and their fragile mindset going to be able to overcome that and make this a competitive series.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I stopped watching soon after the beginning of the first half. My attitude is that if they don't want to play, I don't want to watch. Fans have no toleration or understanding of lackadasical, sloppy, careless play. Much less, no obvious desire to win. I can't explain it, understand it, or relate to it. It is simply an inexplicable mystery.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, he just checked out of the game mentally. He does this when the other team gets physical with him and he's not getting any whistles. It's something he needs to learn to overcome if he's going to take that final step toward becoming a truly dominant superstar in this league.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When other players are calling your team soft...well........

DD

16. Raven

Raven Member

I sure hope not. When the media and fans mocked Harden last Summer, he responded by improving his defensive effort. Let's hope he responds to this criticism the same way.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

One word: Embarrassing. If Harden and Howard can not come out to beat Clippers soundly, then they would be losers in many people mind.

18. torocan

torocan Member

I was just thinking that this thread reminds me of when people were criticizing the Harden defense thread. Harden himself admitted that the criticism bothered him and was a motivation to improve his defense.

Maybe folks shouldn't be so quick to give the team a pass and complain about the fan base and instead hope that the criticism gets the team to focus...

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Now this I can agree with. Hopefully Harden handles his business tonight as well as the rest of the playoff's. We all know he is capable of doing it.

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

Harden must have been reeling from his MVP snub. He needs to regroup and set his eyes on Finals MVP. That's the only way he will get his head back on straight.