1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chauncey Billups - "They Didn't Even Fight for the Game"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 5, 2015.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I quit watching the game, but did the crowd even boo at any point in time?

2. TheresTheDagger

This game is why I can't give my heart over to this team like I did the 93-97 teams. Hell, even the 2005-2009 Rockets lost in the playoffs but DIDN'T QUIT.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Nope. Crowd was absolutely shell shocked.

4. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This thread is sad, and a pretty good example of why people say Houston fans are fairweather. 1 game guys. 1 game. This series is not over until One of the teams wins FOUR games. We can still bounce back. Was it a terrible performance? Yes. Does it mean we should completely call the guy who carried us on his back all year scared? Hell no.

1 person likes this.
  5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is where I am at this point. Teams that play like the Rox did last night don't deserve fans investing too much heart into them because they don't invest the same for the city consistently on the court when it matters. That has to be the most disappointed I have ever felt with a team's effort under the circumstances. And as for the best player on this team, I lost a lot of respect for Harden last night. He played like a chump.

6. jVgOwnsYou

your user name is roxallways yet you have given up after one bad performance. Check yourself man. Come on Houston.

1 person likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lots of posters whined about the media not respecting the Rockets. Well, to get respect from the fans and media is to play like a self-respected team.

8. torocan

torocan Member

There's a difference between a bad performance and not even trying.

If the other team shoots lights out, or you can't hit a shot, or you're out of sync as a team then that's just stuff that can happen on any given night. Even the best teams in the league has those nights.

There's never an excuse to not try, especially in a play off game, even more so when you're playing at home.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I thought it was Chauncey Philip?

10. j@amc

j@amc Member

I hate to say it - but this is not one bad game. It's chronic with this group.

The Rockets take shortcuts like those old guys at the YMCA who want to get their game in but don't want to overdue it.

I'm hoping for real effort because when we bring we really have a special group here.

I'm not sold there's enough pieces to win it all here, but I'd like to see us match and surpass our opponent's effort level. If we can't get the effort (and shooting) that we need, we at least know that our GMs not afraid to make changes.

11. jVgOwnsYou

We got beat. Our guys lost their cool, guys were out of sync, guys stopped playing hard in the last two minutes. That happens. This team has not lost more than two games in a row all season so they are fully capable of bouncing back. Throw in the towel now, because I don't want to see any fans like you at the game if this goes 7.

1 person likes this.
  12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm worried about this group. I think we can still win this series, but the chronic turnovers aren't going to get us past the Warriors. Losing Pat Bev might have been our Achilles heel. His intensity and ball handling is desperately needed.

More than anything though, Harden has to be at his best for us to have any chance.

The only way to make up for that game is to come out the next two and hit them right back in the face. It was an astonishing and embarrassing loss as I can remember, but they can help us forget about it.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is the first time I have started not wanting to invest too much into a Rox team. This team quit last night in a situation where they had a golden opportunity on a big stage. I've never felt this way about past Rockets teams even though there has been a lot of gut wrenching losses over the years. This team just quit and didn't care. No excuses. None. It's hard to believe in a team with that type of mentality.

14. Kash

Kash Member

It's turnovers. That crap has got to stop. I'm fine on some, but ours was excessive. Jason Terry trying to run all fast and out of control and jump in the air not knowing who to pass it to. Players need to be in better control than this.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I can't and won't support quiters. As a fan my heart is in it. As a fan I'll do whatever I can to help (not much).

Team better find some heart.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Go post this in the 'Harden personality' thread.

Something one very poster talked about.

17. jVgOwnsYou

Then don't. This team has battled all year and deserve our support. We have two 37 year old PGs for crying out loud. We lost two starters and Howard was not himself all year and we are in the conference semis down 1-0. You know how many fans in the NBA would love to see their team in that position? Houston fans are fickle as hell. It's embarrassing.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You're letting the team, with their crap effort and quit, off the hook with these comments. Don't attack the fans, we're ready and we give all we have. Team let everyone down last night not by losing but by not fighting.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly...

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I paid to be in attendance for that garbage. Game dragged out until past midnight. Smfh