1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ChatGPT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by lpbman, Jan 5, 2023.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere. Watch data created a video for jobs that may be replaced by AI in the future, one thing I found interesting is they've already created an AI Influencer. She has millions of followers on social media and a music video:

2.7 Million followers on Instagram :eek:
    https://www.instagram.com/lilmiquela/

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

FWIW, (tiny point), I don't think that influencer is pure AI, or at least she wasn't for a good while. According to the comments, a whole company worked to create her, including a human stand in for some of the filming and a vocalist. But "she's" not a real person and AI does a good bit of the lifting. But who really knows -- not me.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

She's not. She's been around for a few years. She's a fictional character that they just gave a persona to. Some people like to say "A.I." means "artificial influencer", though.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yes, she has a whole team behind her and a real person laid the vocals, and other jobs were by humans I believe. I agree Artificial influencer would be a better term, but still interesting how people are using and following the technology involved.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sounds about the same as all the generic overproduced pop bs

6. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Pretty much, I'll never buy this music but it's interesting they're pulling it off with so many consumers. At least they're upfront about the artificial content of the songs and don't sell it as real I suppose.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No way that song is generated completely from ai, we're close, but it's not cheap enough to do that all ground up or iteratively.

Im thinking the bot touches up existing material at best, then they market it as completely artificial.

From autotune to autobafoon?

B-Bob likes this.
  8. lpbman

lpbman Member

The free stuff has been nerfed pretty good, as far as I can tell... but the ability to find a movie you vaguely remember from childhood is amazing. I could have googled movies for a month without finding 1990's HBO movie "By Dawns Early Light". I had almost nothing to go on to find it.

Jontro likes this.
  9. lpbman

lpbman Member

https://openai.com/sora

Yeah, if you pay attention you can tell it's AI, but wow. The CEO responding to prompts on twitter shows the chops but not much in the way of how much that sort of thing costs in resources to pump out.

Side note, I have a folder full of comic book PDF's from forever ago that I'd love to be able to just plug in and have it brought to life by A.I.....

Xerobull likes this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is very impressive. I'm still a massive cynic about this, though. I still don't understand why humanity needs this. I think there's value in human creativity and the process of making art. Farming that out to artificial intelligence that's been trained on what we like feels so incredibly hollow.

Sajan and B-Bob like this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Chatgpt is a replica of the Chinese economic policy. It has zero creativity and can only regurgitate what has already been created. It reminds me of Disney and all their star wars and superhero crap. Human creativity can not be replicated with narrow AI and LLMs.

Once AGI comes around and can start making breakthroughs in physics, that will be a completely new ball game.

Sajan likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

soon johnny depp will upload his consciousness online (maybe to tiktok or gram) and he'll rule the world.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His AI would rule over Amber's non AI any day.

Jontro likes this.
  14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is an excellent take. A product invented by smart people who were never creative to actually do anything, but were convinced that code is art, and decided to steal all art for themselves so that nobody else could be an artist.

Sajan likes this.
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Anyone here leveraging ChatGPT as an assistant and/or leveraging some of the plugins?

17. Space Ghost

If you have any good ones, please share. I ended my (shared) subscription just before the board fallout. Im considering resubbing to check out the new developments.

Xerobull likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Will post here. I feel like I’m not leveraging a massive resource and honestly, I know AI assisted tasks are the future so I need to catch up to stay on the cutting edge. My brain definitely isn’t getting any younger and I need all the help I can get.

19. Space Ghost

One of the first things I imaged was a digital assistant. I didn't realize there was such a big demand for this. I thought I was the only one scatterbrained and couldn't keep up with the massive amounts of flow across my head everyday.

I would love to have something like the google glasses recording video and audio, and then at the end of the day, have the digital assistance recap

20. Xerobull

A true AI assisted HUD lightweight headset (glasses) would be glorious. I would buy an Open AI headset like that now. Not sure about a Microsoft setup what uses GPT, because then you would get all of the Microsoft/Windows garbage with it.

I bought the latest Facebook Ray-Bans in hopes of at least getting some good video and audio as well as an AI assistant. The video was limited to 1 minute and the AI wasn't released yet. Also didn't love the colors offered. Sent it back.

#200 Xerobull, Mar 26, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Space Ghost likes this.