1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger or Chandler Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zainahsan93, Jun 30, 2011.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Of course he was pretty solid as a starter last season. 14 pts, 4 boards, 2.5 assist a game was pretty damn good. He even had dominating performances in a few games. I actually think Bud was more effective as a starter than a sub.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Couple things...one, they are very different players. Chase has an aggressive scorers mentality and is 6-7 ish, Parsons is 6-10ish and has a passing mentality.

Two, what is wrong with having similar players on your team? If a player of a certain style fits into your team, then, if you have a similar player ready to go when that first players gets tired, in foul trouble or injured that player will fit in too.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yeah lets trade Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes, they are already established to make room for D-Mo. :rolleyes:

Why you want to trade a young player who is already established, to make room so an unproven player takes his place?

1 person likes this.
  4. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

Yes, just as the so called "Analyst" on NBA.com called Jimmer the next Morrison.

5. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

I do like Parsons long term over C-Bud. I just think he's a more well rounded player.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Man some of ya never even seen Parsons play yet ya think he's good enough to replace Chase. Just because ya heard some good reviews about him doesn't mean he's automatically an NBA starting SF or be an immediate impact player.

2 people like this.
  7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I like Bud when he attacks the basket. I hate Bud when he settles to be a spot up shooter. Bud is wasting his skills, he doesnt have the balls to step up and use those skills to his full advantage . Bud already has ball handling, passing, penetrating and finishing abilities. We have all seen it in flashes, and they are not flukes. He just lacks the confidence and aggression to take his game to that next level and do it consistantly.

But still we cant wait 3 years for someone to grow confidence and step up, its not like he has Lebron potential or anything . If Bud doesn't expand his game early next season then its time to say goodbye.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Budinger didnt make the leap last year we were all hoping for. Though Per 36 minutes Budinger already is almost a 16-6 player, thats respectable numbers twice what Shane Battier was providing in those same minutes.

A player's THIRD YEAR can be the charm. Different players but Kevin Martin and Dirk Nowitzi in their 3rd years around the same age is when they REALLY started to pour it on. Even players like Aaron Brooks, Lowry, Carl Landry in their 3rd yearis when they can be counted on to produce more. Even if its to make himself a tradeable "asset" like Landry, DEFINITELY let Budinger try to emerge, I dont think we have to wait too long.

9. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

I actualy like Parsons more than Morris as far as fitting in with the team. He could be that hybrid Robert Horry, Matt Bullard player. Parsons has hit some sick game winning 3's for his team. Morris' best atribute is that he can score with his back to the basket, which is why he's been pigeoned holed as a power forward. Bud nor Parsons, from what I've seen, has that post-skill. That said, I don't know how Morris can hand double-teams in the post or if he has the speed and handles to drive by most in the NBA and get to the basket. Either way. I'd like to make cuts somewhere else. Buddinger is a keeper to me, as he is a great athletic scorer who can emulate to good things that Martin can do while also being a better defender. Bud and Lee are my shooting guards of the future. Patterson seems a lock at power forward, but he could come off the bench if Montie takes it, which I hope. Scola is my favorite player, but if there is going to be a youth movement on the team, he undoubtably will be the 1st to go. We have a young core that is multi-talented, all can shoot from just about anywhere on the court, can either get their own shot or can creat for a teammate - all that's missing is that player that discourages the other team from getting to the basket. That elusive rim protector. Add that deffensive piece to an already potent offence = win

10. highlander3128

Well, it took a horrible slump in mid-season for CBud to average those percentages. I think people got to be more level minded. :rolleyes:

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Bud's numbers were off through mid-season because, if you will recall, he had a rather nasty ankle injury. After he regained his mobility, he made Shane expendable. He's not a "I'm a beast of a player" type of personality like Williams or Morris -- a quality I respect.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Have you ever considered the concept that Bud was following Rick Adelman's instructions on where to be for shots and cuts? I wonder if doing as coached to do might have led to a starting position.

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Why get rid of an established coach for a unproven one?

14. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

People are so racist these days. All white guys are compared to one another. WTF are poeple saying they are the same player? Cause of skin color? Thats BS. White guys can be compared to black guys and vise versa. All you hear about white guys is they can do a bit of everything, hustle, smart. And of course people will say about black guys they are athletic and strong. People base more of a players skin then they do of actually watching the film.

15. Swami

Swami Member

I agree and our record was significantly better after the trade deadline when Buddinger replaced Battier as the starting 3. It was a clear case of 'addition by subtraction' because Thabeet never even saw the court after the trade.

16. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I like Bud! A white guy that plays above the rim. Can aslo shoot. Can't say it much these days but he would make Woody Harrelson proud.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

We traded Miller, so we have to keep Bud.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

19. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

we need more like this

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BiqmwlCF3yY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yep, that was a mistake, I wanted to keep adelman.