1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chase Budinger Memorial Thread: Your Fondest Memory of the Budinger Era

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 7, 2010.

1. mFt82

mFt82 Member

Hey Bud the NBA is not associated with the special olympics and there's no reason for you to play like you belong there.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Funniest thing about that video is the comment section.

We could always use a guy like Budinger on the Knicks
    - beatcavs09 9 months ago

clutchfansDOTnet
    9 months ago 86 You could use anyone on the Knicks.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

here's one of my favs

[​IMG]

4. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

He will get better when Yao steps back on the court ;)

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he needs to play with Lowry more.....a guy who pushes it in transition and gets early wide open looks.

DD

6. FullMetal Sage

Really guys? Rockets fans=The MOST FICKLE FANS IN THE NBA.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

give me a break. the very fact that people are posting here all the time shows you how much people care about this franchise. and let's be honest...we haven't gotten much of a return on that investment since 1997.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man when you put it that way........ugh !

DD

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't get it with Budinger. It's like he is forcing the issue a bit. He wants to contribute and that puts pressure on him. The thing about Bud is he is actually playing overall better accept for his shooting. I thought he was improving on defense and his intensity was better for a while. Although both of those have dropped off the last couple of games. If he shot better I would be thinking this kid is improving and still has a lott of upside. I still think that but I am not as confident as I was in the pre season.

Maybe with Morey saying no one is safe has him worried. Maybe he thinks he will be traded. Maybe he beats himself after the game when he plays poorly. The one thing I never thought I would have to worry about was Bud's shooting. Even in the summer league I could working on defense and his shot was off in the beginning. But then he got it back and looked awesome in the end. Right now his numbers are terrible But my sense he still can turn it around. But maybe he needs a short stint in the Dleague playing a lot of minutes to get his confidence back. I am not ready to give up on him yet and besides the high trade value he had has now reached his lowest level.

10. PASTORofMUPPETS

Bud is like the Morgan Ensberg of the Rockets. You can tell the guy wants to achieve (and has the physical tools)but I'm not sure he has the goods upstairs to handle the pressure.

11. rju1986

rju1986 Member

What happened to Budinger during the offseason? And who the hell replaced him with another white guy- who can no nba?

Chase... :(
    (The Great White Hype)​

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think he's clearly frustrated and beating himself up for it.

I was at the Raptors game, and I noticed how pissed he was every time he missed a shot, and almost every on ever dead ball he gets the ball and shoots it in an attempt to get his form back..I really feel like he's trying too hard and it's making him worse

And also his form has been really inconsistent ever since he's been struggling. It's like he shoots it differently every single time now and it's not good for a shooter change his shots consistently like that

13. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Calm down ClutchFans, he'll come back around. Sophmore slump.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Bud has had plenty. against detroit was the most brutal I have seen so far. He is just getting worse and worse and you can see it in his face. He just knows now he is going to miss it.

I'm not sure what his romance situation is but I think the guy needs to get laid. Whenever I make a big decision or anything monumental ,I run off a batch just to make sure I am thinking straight. even better if it's with a woman and you can get that re charge.this is what chase needs.

Problem is I have been to milwaukee and the marquette broads on water street are not that hot. Burly linebackers sure, but not hot. at this point though I don't think he even needs a hot chick.. just a lay. then free the mind slap his face a few times and then start hitting those half court j's like we know he can.

Or the other thing is his ankle is still giving issue. Some players can't play with pain.

it's got to be one or the other. His ankle or his lack of err, body recharge. Did someone in his family die? It's almost like he did something wrong and is hiding out on the court to get away from that demon. I know a paranoid guy that just spent $2000 bucks to get his house scanned for bugs and surveillance on his house because he is so paranoid. maybe chase is just paranoid. something is rotten in denmark and I am trying to figure it out.

1 person likes this.
  15. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

They need to run more off the ball screens for him so he can hit a few of the mid range jumpers...that will get his confidence back more and more.

16. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

I agree, every major life decision should involve masturbating no doubt

17. amaru

amaru Member

And now we're 8-13

Thanks DD :eek: :mad: ;)

18. amaru

amaru Member

L.M.F.A.O

:grin: :eek:

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well done Carl Herrera...the reverse jinx seems to have worked for now ;).

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is this why Chase finally had a good game?

Just kidding, sort of. ;)