1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger Memorial Thread: Your Fondest Memory of the Budinger Era

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 7, 2010.

1. thesaint

thesaint Member

He relies way too much on 3's. Hes quick n he has hops, he should try to finish his shots by the rim or get fouled for easy free throws.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got to do my part.

Chase,

I quit you !

DD

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'll remember him for his lockdown defense.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'll remember that he's a world class volleyball player. Every announcer remembers that.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL Herrera, you so crazy!

6. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

With everyone saying "anti-jinx" at the end of their attempts to reverse the Budinger situation, it's actually just re-reversing the situation back to the original state of being jinxed :grin:

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

GUYS GUYS, I think I figured out what's wrong with Bud. Everyone realized he was white!

8. worzel gummidge

Chase has been hurting the Rockets this season. Jeffries needs to take his minutes.

As he's still only a second year player I think the Rockets should send him down to the Vipers where he can get the game time and shots to right himself.

9. Htown's2kFinest

Well that was one of the knocks on predraft scouting reports...

Morey isn't looking so much like a wizard after his 1st draft when he got us AB and Landry. 09 draft with JT, now looking like a bust, and Budinger as well. Should've drafted Marcus Thornton, Jonas Jerebko, or even Jodie Meeks. And possibly this year too when we passed up on Sanders. Hopefully Patterson can turn out to be a Antonio McDycess lite(pre injury). Morey is slipping.

10. Felece

Felece Member

Chase shoulda stuck with volleyball...

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

His best game was the Boston win last season when we were down to 8 men. He had something like 5 or 6 3-pointers then.

He'll recover from this slump. He should use this time to play better defense and learn to create from the dribble.

12. worzel gummidge

You did your part way earlier when you gave him the DD kiss of death :p

13. DaDakota

What happened to Luis then? I gave him that same love before we even got the guy?

DD

14. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Budinger has always been who he is. Its clutchfans who overhype this kid. In the offseason, posters were saying "Budinger's better than JR Smith". JR Smith is a headcase, but by no means is Chase a better player in ANY way. Just because a player is likeable doesnt magically make him more talented. You guys grossly overrate these guys :(

15. DaDakota

Chase is still better than JR Smith because Chase is a good teamate, JR Smith is the scum of the earth.

DD

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lmao, I love how you put Daryl Morey and Rick Adelman down as AB supporters. As if you really know what the Rockets' management and coaching staff think. And you wonder why people like to poke and prod you.

17. DaDakota

I know why people do it, they want the attention.....

;)

Everyone wants a piece of the big dog.....

DD

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wow that's some homer statement there.... i'd rather have JR in a heartbeat now. At least Smith wont get 5 fouls in 10 minutes. Looks like Chase' D has gotten worst this season on top of his offensive struggle.

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Are you coming on to me? No thanks, I'll pass. :grin:

20. DaDakota

JR Smith is the definition of a chemistry killing thug.....he is JR Rider reincarnate.

The only reason he is even remotely ok in Denver is because they have an established heirarchy in Melo and Billups.

We do not, he would destroy this team......and should honestly be in prison.

DD