1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger Memorial Thread: Your Fondest Memory of the Budinger Era

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

It's all about confidence with Bud. I was at the game and he just looks tense and literally had his head down walking to the bench. He's pressing hard and is really affecting not only his shooting but his overall game.

He needs to just play ball and not think about his shooting woes. Let the game come to him. A trip to the valley may do him some good but could potentially backfire and just destroy whatever confidence he has left.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I also think that about the Valley, Chase is not a beat you off the dribble guy, he is an off the ball player primarily, and they don't do that in the D-league.

But, maybe a stint down there is just what he needs.

DD

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

That just means we have a bigger weakness at the SF position now than it already is. I guess its more apparent we need someone to bolster that position over Shane and Budinger now...

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Like Bill Worrell said tonight everytime when he turn the ball over or miss a shot he gets down on himself and that's not good, he has zero confident as of now and the assistant coaches need to speak up and tell him something.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't think sending him to th valley would be such good idea, like you said it might destroy every bit of confident he has left.

6. DaDakota

Yeah, like, quit being such a fricken WUSS !

DD

7. yaomingyaoming

I'm shocked by his poor play. What happened to the guy? He's definitely more capable than what he's showing right now.

8. Blurr#7

Depends DD he played well in summer league. He can be effective down there with simple screens and curls. What's bothering me is his unability to finish at the rim or above it on the break this year.

He's missing point blank layups and hanging his head down immediately afterwards, then on D he get's silly fouls. It's a double whammy for Chase!
    Who knows how he'd handle a demotion to the Valley.

9. DaDakota

Blurr, if he can't handle that, he can't handle the NBA.

DD

10. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

what is this "valley"?

[​IMG]

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen.

Bud is just not the player he was hyped up to be.

He has gone from being a black joe johnson to a poor man's black novak.

12. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

You just ruined the anti jinx. (Hopefully by me saying this, it will help him)........damnit!!

13. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

I thought he was half white

14. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4ZryYqFmoc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4ZryYqFmoc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Stomp on a man's face while he's down, clutchfans.

For. Shame.

15. Blurr#7

I agree 100% DD. Time for the Shaner to do his best Dr. Phil impression.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Chase needs to be at the D-League, I think it would be too risky to allow Chase to try and find his touch during NBA games, Chicago game comes straight to mind, Chase is fantastic when his shots are going in because he is so good at getting those shots but right now he offers nothing.

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am not hoping he falls off. That just means we have two huge zeros in our lineup at SF. Battier who is barly passable on half the nights and Budinger who can no longer score when Battier isnt being at least passable on defense and offense. We need a SF. A real good one.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Remember when he should have started over Battier and Ariza?

That was awesome.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

All future "alpha dog" franchise players usually go through this at some point...remember when Hakeem was sent down to the Filipino League back in 1985? That's where he developed the Dream Shake.

It really ended up being a wake-up call.

1 person likes this.
  20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its a lonnnng season. Best hope is to get a new SF here for Budinger or Battier in a trade along with someone else to bolster the roster. Thats whats realy needed. Yao is not gonna save this franchise in his comeback. We have to come to terms with that or suffer the same fate as the Texans every year.