1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger and Jordan Hill [video]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTXEZE, Aug 15, 2010.

1. psingh34

psingh34 Member

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Well it's more like one person vastly overrates him and others kind of branch off.

3. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I really like how active Hill is. He's always looking for the offensive boards and for the blocks. Seems to have pretty good timing too and has the length that we can use against big line-ups like the Lakers.

Bud has a pretty high ceiling. On a less balanced team his ceiling would be about 22ppg. But the Rockets have a ton of scorers so I'd be surprised if he ever gets over 17 with the Rox. This year, I'm guessing he'll put up 12 ppg. What I like about him is that he's improving his shot year-by-year. If you look at his 3pt shooting in college, it improved every year. Look for his 3pt% to get close to 40% this year.

4. spressa

spressa Member

i've been watching chase since he was an mcdonald all american. i thought i was a chase lover but man, since he came to the rockets, i think he's getting overrated. his offensive skillset is , jump out the building (which has always been know) and a pretty decent jump shot. originally, i was on his hype as he went from guaranteed lottery pick his freshman year, fringe lottery pick his sophomore year, and falling to us in the 2nd round his junior year. I think his drop was due to his lack of stability of coachin and rotations at arizona, but let's not get into that.

anywho.....

he still moves poorly laterally (which translates to a weaker defender) as well as his inability to put the ball truly on the floor (in terms of quickness and better than avg. ball control). we use chase in ways that we SHOULD'VE used ariza. we asked ariza to go super-star-ish when it wasn't in his nature. i do think that what differentiates chase from ariza is that ariza came here looking to playing a larger role.....which is why i think he's stoked to go to new orleons cause he'll look monstrous when cp3 gives him non-stop oops. if chase were ask to do the things we originally let ariza do, i don't know if he could continuously keep his level of game in that level.

1 person likes this.
  5. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

thx for the video you satisfied my need for basketball for the time I watched the video

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

What? Someone on Clutchfans with common sense?

I don't like it.

7. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I feel the same way. Was hitching for a fix. Thanks!

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"DaDakota doesn't care about black players."

9. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

somebody post a video of Omar Samhan owning Hill in the summer league.

i like Hill as a person but i dont think he will be anymore than a role player/benchwarmer :s sorry.

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

[​IMG]

--RB

11. jcage

jcage Member

This is something I would like to address. I keep reading that Chase is overrated. I would like to know how can a player that was a second round pick and surpassed all expectations, be overrated? He has raised the bar for himself and by his performance the fans and organization expect more from him. He should continue to grow and develop as an NBA player and get better (which most players do) with time. I don't think that is a player that is overrated.

12. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

nopes

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are a joke. If someone disagrees with you, they "don't know basketball". Go soak your head.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

ROFLMAO, they can disagree about Chase all they want, I think he is underated here, and Morey has spoken numerous times about Chase's unlimited ceiling, that he can be as good as he wants to be.

That is what I am basing my opinion on, what the organization is saying, doing, and what I see when they play the games.

If you see or hear something different, then your opinion will probably be different.

As for whether or not someone knows the game, anyone that thinks Chase is overated, clearly does not.

;)

DD

15. eeeZZY

eeeZZY Member

C-Bud lookin' like an All-Star in this game.

16. DaDakota

Trust me, I was fully aware of that fact.

;)

DD

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

:confused:

I remember a different DaDakota in another thread saying that we all know how Morey plays the media and how you can't trust anything he says.

Will the real DD please stand up?

18. DaDakota

Well played Top, well played....

And yes, he does play the media.....and we all pick and choose what we want to hear, I am fully aware of that.

heheh....I like Chase's game a lot and think he can be really good, our own Peja like type of player....

Will he? Hell, I don't know...really, just having some fun.

DD

19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

he will get over 17 ppg because to average 12 ppg you need to have games where you score over 12 points. Also i hate your name.