1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charlotte Riots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably just showing more evidence for the conspiracy theorists to say that the police planted on him.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No bro, you're not getting it. Those are the rules the community hopes they follow. It's different than the rules these rogue cops have concocted for themselves internally.

Trust me, this type of policing is very familiar to me.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Edit: double post. Why does this keep happening to me today? Quick reply never finishes posting, then shows up posted later.

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

wow you see it now there are questions that need to be answered. But like you have said he is a felon with a gun.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just so weird that he left the car but took the gun with him. Any halfway rational person would have left it in the vehicle and would have come out with their hands up. He was high though, so dumb things can happen.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

yeah high maybe but what was the wife saying tgi or tri what was she speaking about.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well he's got a history of resisting arrest and at one point he even shot at cops in Texas according to one report and she probably also realized that he was about to do time for the gun and the blunt so I would think she was worried about him drawing down on them. I dunno, if she said the "don't do it" earlier, I would have thought it was about not breaking her car windows but when she said it he was out of the car already.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

she said he had tgi or tri something that's what I would to know is it a device of some sort or a delivery device for meds.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He has a brain injury that's what she was telling them

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

I was wondering about that should there have been officers better suited to handle this type of person on the scene just wondering.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

TBI = Traumatic Brain Injury

12. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...one of the major problems with local and state police forces (especially in urban areas) is that they have become, for all intents and purposes, a catch-all community service dumping ground.

Whenever there's a problem, the only place to turn to or call is the police sometimes...and too many are unfortunately trained to think that each encounter is potentially life-threatening or criminally motivated...police dispatchers often don't give much in the way of an accurate accounting (based largely on frantic, desperate and frightened callers)...

...one of the many by-products of not promoting the general welfare of the populace in favor of creating a dangerously unbalanced capital/labor economy...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You know, I've heard a lot of slang terms for "getting high" or "being high" but I've never heard "reading a book" when meaning "smoking a blunt" or "he has a TBI, he just took his medicine" to mean "He has been smoking weed, he's really high right now".

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

http://abc11.com/news/man-shot-by-charlotte-police-was-sold-stolen-gun-authorities-say/1527591/

It was just a gun shaped book that was sold to him...

[​IMG]

I hate the dailymail, but they had a good break down of the story too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iolent-threatened-kill-her.html#ixzz4LSo4eFGP

So there were riots, destruction and death over a justified shooting. The riots started over a myth that I'm sure many of these people are accepting as fact even after evidence is presented to the contrary. It's like the people who believe Obama is still a foreign Muslim. At what point do these movements of outrage ever start to look at the facts and reality of what is going on? A lot of wasted outward outrage directed at the cops and white people that ignores what is truly wrong in these communities.

15. Nook

Nook Member

It was never about whether or not the cops were justified in shooting the man.... just like it was never really about whether Obama was a foreign Muslim. It is a flip side of the same coin, it was about a group of people feeling justified and angry about something/someone they don't like and lashing out.

16. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I can't wait to see the first birther riot... should be exciting!!

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I once had a client that went to trial that referred to smoking weed as medicating (medical mar1juana being legal in California). He did so while testifying, no less.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I guess that makes sense, still confused about the book meaning blunt though.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

[​IMG]
    doesn't look like a threat with his hands by his side ?

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

Maybe that's where he kept it in a book.