1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charlie Sheen....will announce he is HIV positive...Tuesday.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 16, 2015.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

If you did (meet anyone that had...), and they were living a quality life, how would you know?

...not female to male

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

shes on the howard stern show this morning. said she is hiv negative and charlie never told her that he was positive. told her "i'm clean". its actually a pretty good interview

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Bree is piiiiiissed. Great interview, I hope she sues the hell out of him. Complete waste of oxygen.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In some states, it would be against the law for him not to tell her. Not sure about California.

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Just happened to finish reading this, which answers your question:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/17/charlie-sheen-s-ex-goddess-bree-olson-he-never-told-me-he-had-hiv-we-used-lambskin-condoms.html

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

unless his private life is very different from his public persona, she should have know he was about as high risk as you can get.

I don't wish ill on him, or her. And, thankfully, HIV positive is no longer as dire as it once was. Bit of a feeding frenzy going on. What's lost here so far is the tremendous improvements in the consequences of being HIV positive over the last 5-10 yrs or so.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Intent sounds unprovable depending upon the actual percentage risk, also part of the negligence is split between both consenting adults having unprotected sex with someone relatively unfamiliar.

I don't you want to end up deterring consensual sex as much as other crimes.

9. body slam

body slam Member

So how long has he known?

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

why does the verbiage even exist then?

if convicted of intent, doesn't that inherently mean it's provable? in which case it shouldn't be any different than attempted murder/murder, depending on whether or not they contracted it.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

HIV isn't a death sentence.

12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Charlie Sheen, Ben Vereen, shrink to the size of a lima bean.

1 person likes this.
  13. cardpire

cardpire Member

then what's wrong with intending to infect? you can make somebody spend the rest of their life guzzling down pills to stay alive, but since it's possible they can do that, you would only have to go to jail for a maximum of 8 years?

if some sicko axes off one of your limbs, but makes sure you don't die from it, should he get more or less than 8 years in jail?

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Because it changes your life, obviously. It just isn't the same as murder.

I'd probably try to kill the person who intentionally gave me HIV. Somebody who cut off limbs would be charged with attempted murder. I think HIV is less severe, but I think I'd be more upset about it.:confused:

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was just doing some more reading I guess it is pretty well known that Charlie was ****ing anything in sight. Girls, guys, trans, whatever...I wonder how many people he infected.

16. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I immediately got that reference! Ha!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W2IMFBZNmAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Based on the interview he looks like he has Parkinson's as well.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

heard the stern interview. i think they said 6 months for either each offense or victim...cant remember.

feel bad for that chick. i believe her when she claims she did not know. said sheen would only use lambskin condoms, which only prevent pregnancy...not STD's. she seems pretty credible, smart and not a money grubber.

she also started to mention something about sheen and stopped herself. howard got her to divulge a bit...said he talks about having people murdered and that its very easy to make it look like an accident.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, I guess I should have said difficult to prove, but not actually knowing the law your point about attempted murder makes enough sense and I concede the point. I still don't know if it should be a longer sentence than actual violent crimes, especially with the added risk of sticking him in any kind of general population.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Anonymous rep in response: