1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles James II

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the James thread, but it's bigger than James. The complete disinterest in Bridgewater, Nix, Montgomery, Strong (of course, he'll probably eventually be fine, but he did show up fat and out of shape and half-assed in early practice), and so on. Their big free agent signing is benched because he's not giving effort in practice. And it isn't like they are secrets. When the Texans drafted Montgomery, all I heard was people from other teams being shocked that they'd take a guy with as many character flags as they had on him.

All the catastrophic failures have been "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." The other end is more tenuous, because you are talking about things they didn't do.

I don't know enough about the Ravens' roster, but the Ravens didn't get to see him blowing it up on special teams all preseason first hand.

#121 Ottomaton, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This! Could not have been said any better...

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

The guy they cut James for led the team in interceptions last season. Rolle is a ball-hawk. Just saying.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wish the Rockets had Charles James's heart. James is a guy that works hard and cares; hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

yea its true the rB they keep drafting from LSU are busts. Man this team has been cursed since domanick davis with the RB with the exception of Foster who was run into the ground by Kubiak.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'll take a good year from Slaton, and solid production from Tate. Our RB's are gross, like not one of them slightly excites me. Most teams at least have some high upside young RB's back on the depth chart but us, just bad. We should sign Lamar Miller next year or make a move for Gio Bernard, we need someone who can create.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Ok I forgot about Slaton and Tate actually. Thanks for the reminders. Miller was a bust until the new coach came on; I found that interesting.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The guy is all heart...but I have to say, that he made some terrific TFL and great special teams plays. He played very well, and even missed out on an INT when KJohnson jarred the ball loose.

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

can we say this guy's energy has definitely provided a spark in this team's cohesiveness?

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I love watching his enthusiasm for the game. I think he's invigorated this defense, without a doubt. I think he's one of the big reasons for the turnaround.

Also, I loved watching him walk like Urkel in the fourth quarter. Not sure if he meant to, or if he just has no rhythm, but it was awesome.

He's becoming one of my favorites. I hope he's here for a long time.

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

CJ3 has certainly be an add on ST, but I've been pleasantly surprised by his contributions to our resurgent D.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good for Charles James. Back with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> on a one-year deal.</p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/706863889808363521">March 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

2 things happened that I believe sparked the Texans defensive turnaround:

1. Signed Charles James
    2. Benched Rahim Moore

Glad he's gonna be back.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I take nothing in this world for granted being able to sign another contract and still be in the league is a blessing <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GodIsGood?src=hash">#GodIsGood</a></p>&mdash; Charles James II (@CJDeuce_) <a href="https://twitter.com/CJDeuce_/status/706890283364044800">March 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Awesome. He has earned every bit of praise he's received since signing back on with the team.