1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles James II

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er

I loved Morris last year before he was injured, but haven't seen the same dynamic play so far this PS. Maybe he's showing it in practice. Rolle is a baller no doubt, I can't remember him having an impact on ST. You maybe right and CJ is #7 on a 6 CB team.

You didn't list Foster in your 5 RBs. If Arian is truly 2-4 weeks out then maybe he's on the roster, but PUP is another option to give him 6 weeks to heal and rehabilitate. I'm not a Grimes fan, so that's my personal bias showing through. He's done fine, he's just not my kind of back. I have hope that Polk can be that #2 guy behind Blue, he's has spurts where he looks good. I'm not saying CJ will be #3 back, but that versatility has to make OB/Staff consider him strongly.

Moala? Haven't seen it yet, maybe tomorrow night. BTW, he's listed as a DE, not a NT. Cov has been playing inside on passing downs and pushing the pocket. He's not a road-grading NT, but he's quick and can break through the A-gap. I bet we'll see him in that DL rotation sometime early on.

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er

Correction: I didn't see Foster in your 5, my bad.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think this is spot on except maybe Kourtnei Brown. He's been a liability in the run throughout the preseason. Not sure who you'd keep instead, though. The other thing I could see changing is saying bye bye to Weeks. Perhaps he doesn't do enough to justify his spot in a very crowded roster. Otherwise, spot on.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Who do you think is our long snapper? :roll eyes:

If anything Brown is a pass rusher to spell Simon. Merciless and Clowney play the same side.

5. Two Sandwiches

As far as the long snapper goes, it could be anybody. Its not necessarily a skill that other lineman don't have. The NFL long snapper never made sense to me - someone that played offensive line his whole life. Easiest job in the NFL. By far.

As far as Brown goes - he's more of a playmaker than any of the other fringe guys, which is why I think he probably does make it. Problem is, he has shown to be a liability in setting the edge against the run. That could be a big problem. It's also teachable, too. It just depends on what the staff thinks.

I don't know. I'll be curious to see what these guys do.

Either way, I like the depth that we have. Only spots we don't have it are OLB and O line.

#45 Two Sandwiches, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. bobmarley

I know what you think about the long snapper position, but that is not the general consensus around the NFL. Show me any team that doesn't carry one.

7. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Brown is simply there because he's the only guy left from the bottom of the depth that has done anything. I could see him easily moved for a guy on the waiver wire. Otherwise, If we stick with this group of players, He's the obvious choice.

As for the Long Snapper discussion, it's a very important position, and one that must know precisely how th snap the ball to the punter and place holder, with both being Lechler. On top of Weeks being excellent at that, If you watch ST coveage, he's nearly always near the tackle of the return man. For him being a small lineman, he gets down the field as quickly as he can and makes plays on a regular bases. He isn't just a olineman standing around. I've seen him personally stop returns from breaking out into TDs. The guy is one of the best in the league.

I think the exaggerated love for James is due to his exposure on HK. His charisma has obviously gotten the attention of HK producers, and they're running with it. If he wasn't so highly visible on the show, the love wouldn't be as strong. Besides his TD run, he hasn't shown any more on ST than our other top backups have. He's just more visible because of the show.

8. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Why r u hating on cj2 ?

9. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

lol, If you've read any post I've made, I clearly show that I like him. Love his personality, love how hard he plays, and what he can contribute.

But I'm trying to put it into terms of why I see him not making the roster. He has a few things going his way in terms of making the squad, and a lot of things going against him in not.

A lot of people on here don't realize how behind the 8 ball he is, and are just loving the hype he's receiving from Hard Knocks.

If Hard Knocks weren't here filming the Texans this pre-season, nearly all of the people on this board wouldn't have a clue as to who he is. It's that simple.

10. Two Sandwiches

Its a valid point. I feel like we'd know him as a great special teamer, but I doubt many would have him on their 53. To be fair, I feel he has outplayed Rolle, but Rolls has proved it before in the regular season.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Poor showing this game.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good on TV.
    Good talking to Erin Andrews.
    "Good" at RB. Not really. It was one run.
    Not good at CB.

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

My sentiments exactly.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bye Felicia!

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;It would mean the world, but I'm prepared to go in either direction&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/ShutDownCB1">@ShutDownCB1</a> to reporters in Dallas on possibility of making <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/639640236780331008">September 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He will make the team, he won't be a starter but he is great special teams and a good high energy player in practice , also can be used as a gimic player on offense. Dad but looks like EZ will be practice squad again

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think they could keep him similarly to how they kept Bryan Brayman. Brayman was a great special teams player exclusively, there was never a chance he would see the field on defense, but he was an extremely high energy special teamer. Last spot will come down to him and EZ

18. bobmarley

EZ and CJII may both make the team if Savage goes to IR for the shoulder

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not a great night. I'm pretty nervous for him, tbh.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

CJII coverage is really tight, probably tightest on the team but he's so small he can't make a play on the ball. It sucks, can't teach size.