1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charles Barkley is a traitor/hater

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKET RY, Dec 10, 2004.

1. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

I don't know if anybody caught the half-time show of the celtics/blazers game last night, but once again, Charles had to disrespect the Rockets. He said that MacGrady's performance was luck, and that anybody can throw up hail-mary's. How can anybody, let alone a player of Chucks stature, take away a performance like the one Tracy had last night. That is straight up disrespectful. I don't know what the Rockets organization did to this guy to piss him off, but ever since he left our team, he has had nothing but negative comments about us. For a team that traded away half of their championship team to get him, I think he owes us a little more than that. Maybe he has a personal problem with Tracy, but come on, show a little bit of respect to him for a simply amazing show last night. Even if he hates the guy, you still have to give him some credit for that. I used to love barkley, but i have lost all respect for him. He is a traiter, and a hater and he is an oppinionated jack-ass. Commentators are supposed to be unbiased, but i can't even watch TNT's half-time show anymore, because Charles(fat-ass) Barkley, and Kenny( i didn't get my nick-name until after my career)smith. These asses need to learn to give credit where credit is do.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not a traitor. We arent that good. Charles is right, so is Kenny. Charles just uses different words.

Traitor=Pippen.
    Hero=Vernon Maxwell.
    Dream=Hakeem.

3. littlefish_220

So there are people watching half-time show or post-game trash talk by those "commentators":)
    I give up long long ago, it is a waste of time.

4. ROCKET RY

I'm not talking about wether or not we are good, I'm talking about taking away the credit that Tracy deserves. I don't know if you watched the game last night, but that sure as hell wasn't luck. T-Mac was on fire, and nobody could have stopped him. The best defender in the league was guarding him too.

5. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Charles is all about himself. I wouldn't get too riled up about the jib-jab that comes out his mouth. He claims to be one that "keeps it real." But he seems to throw out alot stuff, and hopes that some of it will stick.

I lfind him entertaining, but he has his own view of the NBA -- where ther's only "two good teams" -- the one with Shaq and the one with Duncan. All of the other teams are beneath him.

6. buddry

buddry Member

It was luck. I want to see that happen a couple more times before I believe differently.

Brown was stupid. T-Mac shouldn't of had a chance for that last shot anyways.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

In my opinion Barkley and Smith are the two WORST basketball commentators in the business. They talk over each other, they say nothing of substance, and, they waste most of their air time engaging in "junior high school" horseplay. Barkley not only kissed Smith "ass" (last year after the Ming bet) he is an ass. I consistently tune them out. Fastbreak, on the other hand, is really interesting.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As much as well all enjoyed the game vs the Spurs. I hope it doesnt take a miracle for us to beat good teams.
    Michael Jordan had some great comebacks, but most of the Bulls victories were butt kickings of the other theam.
    Same with the 1st championship team, we'd destroy everyone except Seattle. But no one remembers the lopsided games, only the games where Maxwell hits a fadeway 35 footer.

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

You make it like there is something wrong with the word "Luck".

What's so bad about that?

Can you honestly say that making 4 consec threes doesn;t involve some form of luck?

Don't be hatin'

10. ROCKET RY

If that was luck, than every minute of every NBA game is luck. Things happen, and that determines how the games end up. Those shots were pure will/talent. You knew they were going in as they left his hand.:eek:

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

When did Ron Artest sign with the Spers? ;)

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Wow, I'm completely on the other side of this. Although I don't take anything Charles says too seriously, because he is mainly there to run his mouth for entertainment. I think Kenny does know what he's talking about though the majority of the time. He was right on last night comparing the Rockets/Spurs game and the Blazers/Celtics endings to a 2 minute drill in football...the defense is on their heels, not wanting to foul or screw up, so it's easier to get shots off.

I can't stand Fastbreak though, with Legler and Screamin A. Smith.

As for those shots being luck, yes, a certain amount of luck is involved. But, being a basketball player, you practice that kind of shot all the time...imagining a similar scenario that Mcgrady came through with last night. I will go ahead and say the 4-point play was luck, but aren't they all? Other than that though, T-Mac knew what he was doing.

13. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

I thought he was refering to hail marys being luck in general to win a game.

ONE IS LUCK, two is outstanding, three is unbelievable, and four is called the T-MAC EXPERIENCE!!!! :rolleyes:

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

before this season, i never paid much attention to barkley's jabs at rocket teams...however..........now all of a sudden this season, he calls francis and cat "great players".........this after 4 straight years of basically deeming them as average joe knuckleheads every time a rockets game was discussed.......

15. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I am going to spend the rest of this post telling you how important Charles Barkley's opinion is

16. Quakes

Quakes Member

Dude... Barkley is put on TV because he's a buffoon who'll say anything and is therefore interesting/controversial... not because he's insightful or smart. He's definitely non-PC, which reveals his personal biases once in awhile, but that's what appeals to certain audiences.

On a somewhat related but separate note, if Chuckie was white, some of the things he says would result in massive phone complaints to the networks.

17. clove

clove Contributing Member

lol. Had me for a second.

I personally enjoy Barkley's big mouth. He says nothing but bad things about us. What's funny is, most times, what he predicts turn out to make him look like an ass.

Last night, he proclaimed during half time "the rocket lead wouldn't last long." We led for like 10 more minutes after he said that. I knew we would win after barkley opened his fat lips.

18. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

It was not luck; it was destiny. There is a difference believe me.

Those shots were destined to go in - luck had no hand in it :)

19. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been seeing that. :mad:

20. littlefish_220

Some people think he is funny and knowlegable. I don't think so.