1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Channing Frye on Goran Dragic: "Unfortunately for the Rockets, they didn't make the right decision."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nrsair12, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Hehe, have to show my man Lin some support over here man. If you don't already know I am quite a homer :grin:

2. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

You may have a point there about Lin having the maturity to accept a bench role, most players would take that very negatively actually. Dragic is a pretty unassuming guy as well but yeah Lin has been nothing but a consummate professional throughout his term at the Rockets.

Really, you shouldn't be arguing with me I'm pretty much on the same page with you about Lin, I am a big fan of his. But I can't see him being better than Dragic or being a better fit beside Harden. But then again, it's not a given that he would've responded so well to less-than-ideal circumstances.

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

It starts getting ridiculous when we compare dragic to a proven nba all world talent like d12. Lets just stick to lin vs dragic and even that is getting ridiculous at this point.

4. gregas

gregas Member

Sure, with a guy who's putting up 20 ppg on 50% fg and 40% 3-pt fg you'd surely miss the playoffs altogether. Since 92-93 only three other players had seasons that are equal or better than that and those are: LeBron James (2012-13 MVP), Dirk Nowitzki (2006-07 MVP) and Kevin Durant (2012-13). Goran is only the third guard in the history of the league to do it. And everybody knows that It's proven fact that those guys make your team considerably worse. Imagine if the Rockets had all of those players. They'd be probably fighting for the top spot in the lottery!

5. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Man, he's gone ok? Just let it go.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One of those things are not like the other.

Goran has routinely choked late in the season when games mean the most.

Those other three guys are Clutch as ****.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd give you a pass because you are his brother. Brothers are supposed to stick up for each other. :)

8. Exel

Exel Member

Goran, maybe only be the third guard to accomplish this, but he is the first player to put up those numbers on a team that didn't make the playoffs. History.

9. gregas

gregas Member

Who are the six guards who were better than him this season?

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You cannot seriously delude yourself into believing the Rockets are better with Lin than they are with Dragic. Lin's defense is not very good, and even if it was better than Dragic's defense it certainly wouldn't offset the tremendous advantage Dragic has over Lin offensively.

This is just unrealistic expectations placed on Lin, and implying Lin makes this team better than Dragic would only draw more criticism towards Lin.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

The ones in the playoffs. That's the goal for every player right? what use are numbers if you are gone fishing?

12. gregas

gregas Member

The only thing Goran routinely does is putting a subpar team on his back and carrying it until his body gives out and he can't do it anymore. He was the only marginal talent on that team besides Bledsoe, and that wouldn't even be the problem if Eric wouldn't have missed half of the season. If he'd been healthy they'd certainly make it.

And my response was aimed at the genius who said, that the addition of Dragić would make the Rockets a much worse team and that they would have missed the playoffs as a result. Regardless of what you think the efficiency of his season is undeniable.

13. gregas

gregas Member

By your criteria we should put players like Augustini, Chalmers, Beverly, Hill, Teague, Walker, Calderon ... ahead of Dragić, which is totally ridiculous.

And apparently you also believe that Love and Davis don't deserve to be there.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Love doesn't for sure. He's as responsible for his team being in the lotto as any. Empty numbers.

There are 6 PG in the West ahead of him

Westbrook
    Lillard
    Parker
    CP3
    Connelly
    Curry

15. gregas

gregas Member

Those have not been better than him this year. And I presume you mean Conley.

16. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Let it go. On this team, he would be coming off the bench with 9 to 11 shots per game. He is better off in PHX where he can show case his talent.

17. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

hahahah wow. You guys are amazing

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Goran is a great player, and since it is a TEAM game - he led a very weak Phoenix team to the brink of the playoffs.

He would be amazing on the Rockets, and we would be a lot closer to a championship team.

And he would NOT be coming off the bench.

DD

19. hendrixfan007

hendrixfan007 Member

Yeah well hindsight is 20/20 now that we're a powerhouse team. We wouldn't have Beverly's defensive toughness though which is crucial in the playoffs

20. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

It would be a championship team with the only need being time to gel.