1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Channel 51 on DirectTV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iball, Mar 11, 2003.

1. iball

iball Contributing Member

I was just channel surfing and noticed this. Is this new? If not, how long has it been on?

2. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

This must have happened sometime this week. I had no idea that chan. 51 was trying to get on Directv, but I'm glad that they did. At least now I will be able to see the players faces... before my reception was so bad that I couldn't tell the difference from Bill and Calvin.

3. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

It is??????????? What channel is it on DirecTV?

4. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I don't see KNWS... do you know what channel it is HotRocket?

5. iball

iball Contributing Member

Channel 51!

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

wow, it actually is on. usually 51 is nothing on directv but right now it has programming and is showing the exact same thing as knws through my attenna. great news.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dayum! It really is on. Of course my reception was never a problem to begin with. :p

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Its been on since the Raptor's game. There was a thread about it and everything.

9. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Is this for the Houston area only? 51 isn't even a channel on my DirecTV and I'm in North Carolina. The local sports stations from different cities are up in the 600's. Im not sure why Houston's would be any different.

10. Tim

Tim Member

Houston area only -- the only way to get the Rockets on DirecTV in North Carolina would be through NBA League Pass.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

thank god, finally

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

What the...man...I was trying to watch something else on DirecTV and was going from the living room to my bedroom watching both since the living room for some reason only has the satellite hooked on( I suck at technical stuff). Good news for me.