1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Changes in Lin / James stats are revealing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Totally agreed.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

did you right all that to come up with the wrong analysis. harden is playing badly so they're losing, when he plays better they will win.

i won't waste thread space starting a new thread to say that clutch.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Lin had a career high of 14 assists in that Dallas game also.

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

This. Also Lin isn't even playing the roll of Derreck Fisher

5. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

I curious what happens when Lin's in-game usage is higher and how it equates to Houston win/loss record.

When Lin% 19% > .

16-9 = 0.64% Winning %
    9-13 = 0.41% Winning %

I also took a look Harden usage
    30% > games usage.

12-9 = 0.57%
    13-13 = 0.50%

Not a surprised, the fingers point that the Rockets should have a Guard dominated offense.

6. KevinG1015

KevinG1015 Member

Completely agree! We over paid Lin to play PG, so let the man play PG. He is deff one of the worst starting PG's in the NBA right now, but I do see a huge upside to him when we let him play. He show's that he is interested in learning and grasping a hold of the offense and because of that I have faith in him to become a better player.

7. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Knee-jerk stats from small sample size of last two games, probably not statistically significant:

Rockets/Jazz on Jan.28th:
    Jeremy Lin: 3 turnovers
    Total for Rockets: 5 turnovers
    WIN with Jeremy controlling the ball for 60% of turnovers

Rocket/Nuggets on Jan.30th:
    Jeremy Lin: 1 turnover
    Total for Rockets: 21 turnovers
    LOSS with Jeremy only being able to control the ball for 4.76% of turnovers

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

For season, Rockets have less turnovers when Lin is off the court on a per minute basis according to 82games.com.

9. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Do the figures show the same trend when you adjust for pace by using a per possession basis?

10. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Also, I'm not sure if those raw stats account for whether he's being used as a spot-up shooter in the corner, or if he's actually the one running the offense and doing the ball-handling.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you might misunderstand what he tried to say. he refer to the % of TOs lin commits over total TOs the whole team make. The higher %, the better for rox. of coz, his sample size is too small to make any meaningful conclusion.

12. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Can't blame Lin for playing conservatively when he knows Mchale will yank him off court when he starts to make a few errors. Lin knows McHale has little faith in him and that's resulted in him losing confidence in all areas of his game. FTs are a barometer of confidence and you can tell by his nervy FT shooting of late, that he's a player with his confidence knocked out of him.

13. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Member

In new york. ..lin can pay aggressive, and was allowed to make mistake... and play through it. In Houston. .. it becomes a double edge sword, play aggressive with high turn overs.... will get you bench. Play passive with less turnover and get bench. Coaching staff needs to give lin the benefit to just play... and grow in the experience

14. brick

brick Member

It's possibly true. I notice that even Harden had poor FT% lately along with other players.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i "right" all that because i understand the game. Rockets are better with the ball in Lin hands and Harden as a scorer. Harden struggles in traffic and gets himself in trouble. Probably because he is young and feels pressure to do too much.

But the truth is - right now at the very least - J Lin is the best ball handler and creator on this team. If you couldn't see that last night, you are truly blind.

I actually think Lin played better in the first half than 2nd half. Because he literally created the space necessary for everyone to operate.

LOF are totally annoying, but what has happened is that they have created an anti-Lin bias on this board.

1 person likes this.
  16. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

cos Lin knows that if he made mistakes, he would be benched soon...

17. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

We should win this by 10 alteast.

18. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Opps, wrong thread.

19. mattthn

mattthn New Member

Unlike Harden, Lin does not have the luxury of making mistakes. As you all know from watching the game, if lin made any mistake he will get benched. I know eneryone and myself want Lin to be more agressive, but being more agressive mean more chance of turning the ball over as he is still in the learning stage. Only the coaching staff can change this by not punishing him, the coatching is turning Lin into a passive player due to the fear of getting bench.