1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler's shot at USA team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coach E, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Coach E

Coach E Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/26/usa-basketball-roster-breakdown/

Chandler Parsons
    A versatile wing who can run, jump and shoot (though he was 0-for-3 from beyond the arc on Thursday). With his size (6-foot-9) and the lack of depth at the forward positions, he has a legit shot at one of the last spots on next year’s roster.

If Dwight and Harden remain on team USA, we could possibly have three rockets in Brazil! :cool:

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

he won't be there

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

kd, melo, george, gay

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

not gay.... Durant, Anthony, George

Parsons, Barnes

5. QazQay

QazQay Member

Wiggins will take it

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Since when did parsons have duel citizenship to Canada?

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Misleading thread title.

I thought Parsons took a shot at the USA Team over how shi**y they were or something... but does that sound like something that would come from this face?

[​IMG]

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Canadian

9. Coach E

Coach E Member

I don't think coach K would take Rudy Gay before Parsons.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

maybe not since he needs some gel players, but parsons looked way out of place yesterday in scrimmage

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Parsons won't make it. The team will probably have less SFs than any other position, my guess is 3. And even if there are more, parsons is not at the top of the list.
    We like to overrate cp, but I'm sure the staff prefers barnes, the better athlete, or even someone like Hayward (yeah I know he's a SG) for his outside shooting.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...Parsons is a better player than Hayward at the moment.

13. conquistador#11

brasil is like big booty heaven. I have a hard time seeing harden and dwight passing up such glorious opportunity. And I don't see any other small forward better than chandler. besides Durant and George.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Oh I agree there. But with durant and melo and george, I think Hayward's shooting would be more valuable

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I just don't want him to get hurt.

16. smr6

smr6 Member

I think Melo plays as more of a 4 in international competitions.

17. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

You really must be a follower of Wiggins!

18. bushies

bushies Member

If Barnes is Chandler's main competition, I think it will depend on their respective improvement this year. At this point, it's too close to call, and Barnes was impressive as hell this week (especially during last night's game when Chandler mostly sucked). They may elect Barnes simply for the fact they perceive a higher ceiling in a younger player (again, if he shows the kind of improvement he did during the playoffs).

I agree that Gay won't be competing with these guys for backup positions for the simple issue of playstyle and fit, not when Durant and Anthony as scorers are ahead on the depth chart.

I was surprised to see that Sekou said Chandler had a shot. I watched what I could of the camp coverage and Chandler underwhelmed compared to what we know he can do.

(As an aside, did anyone else watch NBA TV's coverage during their 3-team scrimmages and was disappointed by the camera work? They would mostly show the broadcasters talking and the side interviews, and showing the actual game was an afterthought... I don't watch to see a bunch of talking heads, I wanna see these kids compete!)

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am not even kidding when I say this:

Chandler Parsons will be on Team USA primarily because of his ability to recruit superstars like Dwight Howard to play in the 2014 FIBA World Championship.

Yes, you may want to pick Harrison Barnes over Parsons. But you are not picking Harrisoin Barnes and DeAndre Jordan over Chandler Parsons and Dwight Howard.

20. dragician

dragician Member

Can Chandler persuade Lebron to play?