1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons star potential!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texansalltheway, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Big Time Titan

It's hard not to like this kid. He's taking advantage of his playing time and really showing us a lot. I happy for him.

1 person likes this.
  2. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Yea but ariza had the ball handling skills of a 5 year old. Parsons actually has pretty good handles for his size he could be a borderline all-star especially with his work ethic.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Parsons has no star potential.

But he's gonna be a player for quite some time, especially if he develops a jumper.

With a J, he can play 30 mins on a championship level team.

4. texansalltheway

Also, Parsons is a good rebounder and has the ability to create easy shots for teammates. He is a team first guy. With more experience and practice, we may have a star that can attract other stars.(Seems like he is popular and other players know him already, such as Blake Griffin)

5. conquistador#11

manu would tell you that delfino could have been a better player than him but delfino lacked basketball I.Q, something that Parsons has a wealth of. and he is only a rookie:eek:

6. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

not sure about star. he will become a great role player, but I look for his peak to be the 3rd option on a contending team. i still love the guy though, great guy that the Rockets have found.

7. chapinha_br

chapinha_br Member

He has a good player potencial, not a star potencial

8. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

Dont think Parsons will ever be a "star".

But one this is certain...and that is he will have a job in the league for a very long time. He is as solid as it gets for a rookie.

9. noppeper

noppeper Member

Wow, I so disagree with you there. What makes you say this, other than physical similarities?

Look at them play, and then pay attention to the stats. Parsons, in his rookie year, is already having a much better season than Delfino has ever had in his 6+ year career. Parsons defensively is great man on man, with excellent fundamentals, good lateral quickness, good length and excellent tenacity. He's also a good box-out rebounder and seems to be getting better at playing team defense.Offensively, he likes to slash to the basket, go for offensive putbacks, moves the ball around in the perimeter, and will only put a 3 up within the system or when the clock is winding down.

Other than 3pt%, he's better statistically than Delfino has ever been, not to mention the obvious "intangibles" Parsons provides on the defensive end.

I think the Lamar Odom comparison is more apt, especially seeing Parsons handle the ball lately. If he ever develops the court vision Odom provides (in the days he actually decides to play), then he could easily be labeled the white Odom. But the anglo-saxon Delfino? Nope.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

He needs to get better hair and some tatts. That'll give him even more exposure.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG] :rolleyes:

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I can't believe we're actually having this discussion. Is this how bad of a team we are? We have to publicly wonder whether Chandler Parsons will develop into a star? A guy who can't shoot 30% from downtown or even shoot 50% from the free throw line?

13. houseofglass21

Parsons is ok, but I see no star potential in him at all. I give him a 6 out of 10 as a player at best

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has star potential.... in a band.....he has to learn singing or moving the lips to playback

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

There is a big difference in the way Ariza played and Parsons is playing.

Parsons moves well, if he can get a nice shot I think he has the potential to be a star. He is long, quick, jumps well, smart payer, good passer, plays hard and plays good d. I think everything is there if his shot comes around and he continues to improve.

16. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Parsons could be our Nicolas Batum develop much faster.

Batum started as a prospect who got the athletic ability and size but not much refine offensive game while been a good defender.

Parsons could be that of a solid borderline star. The size and athleticism is there, the vision is there, the defense is there, now he need the confidence and work on his shoot a lot, but he can penetrate defense and is a great passer as of now.

He could be a stats filler key piece in a championship team just like a Shawn Marion is a little of everything while not being great at any specific other than defense while playing at max energy all the time.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Maybe a difference between the way Ariza played as a rocket, but that was more of Morey's fault. Earlier in Ariza's career he was just like Parsons, except a bit shorter. He had a much better shot selection than he has now and their handles are similar. Parsons just isn't asked to be a playmaking guard so they look better.

I like Parsons but lets not get crazy. In his early years, Marion was a beast. He averaged 11 boards in his second season and was a shot blocking and pilfer threat.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Look, Is Chandler ever going to be a NBA Superstar and regarded as one of the bests players in the league? Probably not. Will he be an all-star??.. If Deng from the Bulls can make the all-star team then I think its a real possibility. I dont see why he cant at some point with enough improvement.

That being said, Parsons does have alot going for him as far as appeal from the media/advertisements/ etc. You already saw the NBA put him in the "Shooting Stars" competition. Look, even I will admit that Chandler is a good looking guy (no homo), is very well spoken, good sense of humor, and is good friends with the right people (Blake Griffin). I think Chandler Parsons is a very marketable player in this league. Much more than you think.

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I dont like the comparisons because he's not judt like one player. He's just himself. A grat rookie with room for development. I hopr we keep him and watch him grow and develope into something special. He wouldve thrived in Adelman's offense or with TMac becuz he's our first real consistent slasher. The best part of his fame is how well he plays off the ball ball and he can play at multiple paces and tempo.

20. Margrave

Margrave Member

He doesn't seem to have that take over gene, but he does have the solid role player one. He looks like Bobby Jones to me, and he was a fine fine player.