1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons said he is the best SF in this series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThisVoice, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

batum is so soft. i think cp should have kept his mouth shut and let his play do the talking.

i hope cp has a big game 4

2. perfectweapons

Parsons is getting worn out by trying to keep a more athletic, faster player in front of him for the entire game. Batum is a very underated player at 6'9. Parsons needs to keep shooting the 3 and focus on that running floater. That's where the blazers are struggling. Every time we get below that free throw line with a runner its gold.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Hope we'll see a Parsons redemption on Sunday.

4. RYAN3053

RYAN3053 Member

I think Parsons knows that if he doesn't perform well, then he could possibly get let go. So he tries too hard to play that third fiddle, instead of letting the easy shots come to him. I cringe every time he takes a 3 off the dribble now.

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

he was wrong. he may be the prettiest though.

6. Clarinetmonster

Is it just me or does Parsons look a step slower compared to last year or even earlier in the season? Just looks like he's in slow motion sometimes. Too many minutes? Back issues? Anyways, he's definitely the best power forward on the rockets, so there's that.

7. Clarinetmonster

Fixed

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hard to say.

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

#dembedroomeyes

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

Modesty is always a good thing for an NBA player. Parsons is a very good player, but he is not a superstar and I doubt if he ever will be. He should concentrate in keeping the team playing team ball (in what he is good at) and not jump on the Harden-Dwight bandwagon. Those guys are way above him even if Harden seems to have problems with playoffs (like his former teammates Durant and Westbrook).

Like I said before the playoffs: Experience means a lot in playoffs series. You can have a quick fix from guys like Daniels (and he certainly was cool out there), but only experience gets it done in the long run.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

im remember parsons saying "were the best team in the league" after a few wins then they went on some huge losing streak.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The reporter misquoted him. Parsons said, "I'm the best looking."

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I'm tired of Parsons's talking about too much nonsense

13. MichaelG281713

Chandler needs to go back to playing lock down defense. I would much rather have that humble version.

He's not even capable of being a consistent third scoring option for us. Needs to get off his high horse. Confidence doesn't only consist of all out arrogance.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

reporter: are you the best sf?
    chandler: no man i fkin suck im not the best sf in the series, im a giant p***y

^ this is what cf wants?

15. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

Parsons plays hero ball at times and its rally frustrating to watch. We have two huge talents in Howard and hRden. Please parsons be the glue guy do the dirty work and score when you need too.

16. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

No. However, that is how a DUMB player will reply.

Is that how you will reply?

17. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Playoffs 101: Rule 1A Never say anything about another player or team that may motivate them in any way, shape, or form.

18. conquistador#11

this is how a 'consumate' professional would reply,
    (in battier's voice)
    :giving a gentle laugher:

You have to take things one game at a time. You have to train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.fear is the path to the darkside.

19. ryebread

ryebread Member

he does look a step slower. I don't think he's had a putback slam the entire series. he also hasn't been dunking that much in transition (well he tried that one time) and instead has been laying it in. possibly injured, possibly just worn out. wouldn't be surprised, mchale played him a lot of minutes during the season with more responsibilities.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No. Batum's answer was much better.

And he could have said, "It doesn't matter who's the best player. What matters is which team wins the series." The reporter would shut up.