1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Play vs. Value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IgotNext, Feb 10, 2013.

1. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Yes I do. Does that make me racist?
    Usually a racist hates or looks down on another racial group. Did I do that? I don't think I did. I'd be an odd Person to be LDS and not like Caucasian Americans. :)

2. hocash

Does the fact that I might see racism where it didn't exist make me racist? Very odd logic.
    I might be wrong about my comment but I'm definitely not racist nor was the comment racist.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

To imply that people perceive him to be a leader because of his race is racism plane and simple.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yes it does.

5. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Another elite showing by Parsons against the Kings...

6. hocash

It really doesn't. You need to get out more.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Obvious sarcasm but dude just had an off-game.

In the month of February, he's averaging:

18 PPG on 57% from the field. 44% from beyond the arc.

It happens.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

off game who cares. Probably should have gotten more calls, no harm done.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Played like a puss tonight

10. hocash

Anderson is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. Considering the fact our offense is geared towards taking 3s and layups/dunks it would make sense for us to get a great shooter.
    Anderson is being misused by Monty Williams. When Anderson played in Orlando he was killing it. He's the same player he just has a coach who's dumb enough to think someone like Austin Rivers should be playing. Tells you all you need to know about him.

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Parsons is invisible defensively. How many times has he actually forced his man to surrender the ball or jack up a difficult shot? How many times has he been lock-down defensively?

Whenever his man is bullying him into submission Carlos Delfino is given the assignment, that should tell you something about his defensive ineptitude.

He's a great player, but we are one of the best offensive teams in the league while being arguably the WORST defensive team. We need a defensive stopper at SF and a back-up C desperately.

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

He scored 13 points against Miami as well.. Good role player but dude can disappear. Maybe you can chalk it up to him being young or whatever. But this guy is not untradeable...

13. Habs

Habs Member

With his contract, overall skills, and improvement, it would be a mistake to trade him. Unless he was traded in a package in order to get an All-star back (used similarly to talented players on rookie contracts).

In the playoffs and big games though, Delfino should definitely be used more. He's a more reliable 3-point threat, and he handles the ball much better. Come March/April when the playoff race gets tight between Houston/Portland/Utah, Delfino should be seeing at least 30 minutes a game.

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don't know why there is so much hostility in tis thread... It is clear that some value Parsons higher than others, but all should agree, that he is a great value player, and will be for the next 3 seasons. As for his leadership: he is always the first to welcome new players, he is very vocal on and of the court and is leading by example. In his young age he has already become something like the most "rockety" player.

He might get traded somewhere along the road - but I really do believe we would only trade him, if we can get an all star in return. Otherwise his contract and what he brings to this team (including chemistry) is just too valuable.

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Of course he has value and I never said to trade him for garbage. But I do think it will be just a good of a move to upgrade the SF position as it would be to upgrade the PF position.

16. tonguyen

tonguyen Rookie

Why???

Rome wasn't build in a day. Like you said he is a solid player and has a crazy contract then why you give away that luxury. We are a very young team with very good chemistry beside most of our players have not reached their ceiling yet. To build a championship team takes a lot of hard work
    Good chemistry
    Franchise player
    Good supporting cast
    Team work
    Defense create offense
    Good coaching staff
    Don't forget luck

What we have so far: chemistry, franchise player, supporting cast some need more, team work yes need more, Defense create offense some, Coaching staff ??,some luck need more.

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Scoring 13 points against Miami isn't exactly a bad game. if that's what you're getting at. I think Parsons very rarely disappears for a game. I would say after Harden, that Parsons along with Asik is the guy that shows up and makes an impact game after game.

Parsons has improved significantly this season, and it's only his second season. Parsons is not untradeable, but considering what he does for the team, the fact he's so young, and the very real probability that he still has room to improve, I think it's unlikely that he gets traded. Every team in this league would love to have Parsons at what he currently gets paid. If he is traded, a true superstar would need to be included in the transaction. Just my opinion.

18. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Who is better,Parsons or Gallo? I haven't watched enough of either one, but my limited impression gives nod to Gallo, who seems taller, stronger, more athletic as well as more fluid, plus he seems very skillful on offensive end. And he is clutch. But I really don't know about his defense,because I don't follow the nuggets.

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Good analysis.

20. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Why trade parsons? The guy is arguably the 2nd or 3rd best player on this team. I would keep him.