1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons: Play vs. Value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IgotNext, Feb 10, 2013.

1. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

So much wrong fit into one small post.

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Apart from say, LeBron or Durant obviously, I would only trade Parsons for Paul George, but I just can't see that happening.

3. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Such as? :)
    I know parsons is popular here but guys saying only trade him for a perennial all star is just nuts.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's more a testament to how weak we are at the 4 versus how good of a PF parsons is.

1 person likes this.
  5. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Such as the fact that the ONLY reason you have given for Andersen being a better player/better investment is the fact that parsons gets a new contract in 2.5 years time. I mean seriously wtf :confused::confused::confused:

Andersen averages 17/6/2 while playing horrible defense with a salary of about $8,000,000

Parsons averages 15/6/4 while playing acceptable defense with a salary of about $800,000

Similar if not superior production at literally 1/10th of the cost. You tell me which player is "better"

6. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I would trade Parsons for Harrison Barnes and a 1st round draft pick RIGHT NOW...

7. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Lin and Parsons are UNTOUCHABLES. Their value is greater than their production because of what they mean to the organization.

8. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Like Cat and Franchise!

9. jogo

jogo Member

Parsons is a good but not great player. He's probably about an average SF in the league. If we could trade him for a top 10 PF I'd do it in a heartbeat.

He seems like the kind of player you "sell high" on, and Morey has a history of making such moves.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would argue with you about Parsons being just an average SF in the league but SF is such a deep position that being called average is a compliment and I agree.

LeBron
    KD
    Melo
    Deng
    Gay
    Paul Pierce
    Paul George
    Gerald Wallace
    Thaddeus Young
    MKG
    Harrison Barnes
    Danilo Galliari
    Nicolas Batum

Small Forward is a really stacked position so average is still be pretty damn good.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Most of the players you listed if not all would be upgrades over Parsons. Just proves it would be easier to upgrade at the small forward position than the power forward position.

And don't forget Iggy. He's natural a small forward as well.

12. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Anyone but Harden for LMA or Love.

13. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I'm with you for LMA

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really? Your funny.

Chandler is much better than Barnes or MKG and he is on the same level as Batum, Deng etc...

Obviously KD, Melo, James and Pierce are on their own levels with Paul George moving into that group and even Gallo is turning me into a believer but as for the rest..... None of the rest are upgrades or if they are it is a minute upgrade.

15. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I haven't seen much of Paul George. Is he really that much of an upgrade over Parsons? Parsons has a higher FG%.

16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Most of the players listed are way more expensive and unattainable.

Lebron, KD, Melo, Gay, Pierce are all max players - only Pierce could potentially be available.

Deng and Wallace are pretty expensive and have been in the league for a long time. For this team I´d easily prefer Parsons.

George, MKG, Barnes, Batum are all unattainable since they are young and have tons of talent.

That leaves us with Gallinari and Young - though I view Young more as a PF. Gallinari is a worse defender worse at driving to the basket, but a better shooter. Really, Parsons is much more versatile. Young is a nice player - but not much more. And Iggy, since you brought him up, would be a real upgrade but is also rather old and expensive.

So, if you leave out the unattainable players, there is not one here, that I would prefer over Parsons.

Now, shall we look at PF? Let`s see, who`s better than our PFs?

Bosh
    Stoudemire
    Josh Smith
    Garnett
    Anthony Davis
    Varejao
    Nene
    Duncan
    Ibaka
    Griffin
    Faried
    Z. Randoloph
    P. Millsap
    D. Lee
    L. Aldridge
    P. Gasol
    D. Favors
    D. Nowitzki
    K. Love
    L. Scola

Not only is that list longer - it also has more attainable players. So, let`s try to keep our promising young player with the best contract of the NBA who fits our team perfectly if we can`t get a star for him, and try to upgrade the PF spot, where we are lacking talent right now and several players could be available...

17. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Good point...... Who out of your PF that are attainable list would also be worth giving parsons up for( if he was in a packaged deal for that PF) or would you say parsons is an untouchable?

18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I´d say nobody is untouchable (I´d trade Harden for LeBron...)...

From that list I´d say Bosh, Ibaka, Griffin, Aldridge and Love, though a couple of others are debateable (Davis, Faried, Randolph, Lee). But I do believe we could get players like Josh Smith ore Paul Millsap without giving up Parsons -so if we can`t get a star for him, let`s just hold onto him.

19. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Man I hear you, but with most of these responses, Chandler Parsons sounds as untouchable as Harden( unless a lebron or KD type would oddly be there in hardens case to trade)

It sounds like if parsons is traded, it had better be for an all star/ superstar
    (which makes him untouchable sorta or until then, if possible)

I'm just really interested to see how much Chandler is valued. (To us anyways. I wonder if the rest of the league would agree)

20. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

It would be absurd to move him with how efficient of a player he has shown to be, and well outplaying his contract & other players around the L.