1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons offended how the Rockets treated him in free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 14, 2014.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Wait a little. I want blame Parsons 10 more times :mad:

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Yeah maybe he doesnt remember how Dwight rejected to play in Houston the year before, when he got traded from Magic, WHILE PARSONS WAS ON THIS TEAM. The only reason he changed his mind is because we got Harden and he turned into a superstar.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Carlisle isn't even the best coach in Texas, then best SF which was out of a pool of 2, he wasn't even #1

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Parsons is nothing more than a sweet talker. He'll say anything as long as it makes him look good or better than he should be.

So full of himself, I'm glad he isn't on this team anymore.

Role player with a superstar diva attitude. No thanks.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I now get 15M a year, let me continue to b**** about how I wasn't the star.

6. steady

steady Member

Oh. Chandler.
    That big mouth again.
    Not to mention the big head.

--
    but you know what, he's being nothing but completely honest-- and there is something kind of refreshing about that.

7. Twin_Towers

Twin_Towers Member

8. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Damn this dude has head size of Texas.

What a train wreck of a offseason

9. perfectweapons

He was dead to me after he no showed the playoffs. Harden struggled but he did show up towards the last 2 games. Parsons ran his mouth and got a beatdown by batum. Then he could not hit a putback layup to save his life. he must have missed 7 or 8 in that series. He was blown up so bad in the 4th Quarter he could not shoot or stay in front of his man. Then to top it all off he switched onto the fastest point guard in the league and got burned on a game winner. The only one in his ball park was Lin turning the ball over and blowing the other playoff game. Good riddance to bad rubbish, give me Ariza all day long.

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Why do ppl keep saying this? The mavs will have 31+ million in cap space next season with only dirk, parsons, felton, harris, and Mekel on their roster. They could easily add another 4.5 million by trading feltons expiring.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Parsons didn't want the Rockets to look for a third star and was offended?

That is absurd and not reasonable by Parsons. Teams look to get as many really good players as possible and that was to include Parsons.

Chandler is a top 10-12 SF in the NBA and has earned everything he has gotten. However, I noticed the arrogance grew especially last season with some of the little comments after games and times when he would royally screw up on D and get mad at Lin or Harden. Then the comments about Batum before the playoffs started.

Love confidence... But know your limitations. Parsons is a very good role player but not a franchise player because he is dependent on others creating his shot. He cannot put the ball on the floor and create a shot well enough to be a star.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/LhtmV13bRdc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/LhtmV13bRdc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Hey I'm not saying he's right, but that is just how people are. And I'm sure to a small degree the players you listed were (except Dirk)... and obviously it's different when Houston does it so publicly. Also don't think Parson's comments are any less professional then Morey publicly saying Parson's isn't good enough to be a 3rd option on a championship team.

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Guys, let's just wait till Parsons becomes the second coming of Larry Bird. He sure is talking himself as if he is a superstar waiting to explode after being held back for so long.

"McHale gives us so much freedom on offense". Apparently not enough freedom for the great Chandler Parsons.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

His texting prowess is definitely worth $15 mil per year.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Exactly. Dude has **** for brains and will definitely have a reality check coming.

Offended by giving him a freaking chance in the league. Offended by tons of leash and playing time. Offended by a green light. Offended by a "hey, you're underpaid, so we're letting you out of this rookie contract." And then, finally, offended that we dare try to go get one of the handful of best players in the league to improve our team.

Good riddance. Lillard drained that shot over you to show us the freaking light, pretty boy. Be gone.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

What a dbag. At least I now know Morey made the right decision by declining his option, they at least had the choice to keep him long term if they really wanted to.

He would have been gone in a heartbeat.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he's offended that we denied his team option and let him go out and get a max contract?

ok

20. steady

steady Member

LOL. Yes.