1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons News

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rdp49, Sep 11, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who is Chandler Parsons, is he the new Brad Newley?

DD

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

No, the new Chase Budinger.

3. DaDakota

He is an NBA level starting SF? Awesome !

DD

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Chase Budinger was a NBA level starting SF before his rookie season even began? Hell, he isn't even that now.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

A wildly inconsistent shooter with virtually no NBA lateral quickness and horrible D. Man your standards of NBA starters for the 3 spot has fallen dramatically. Bud is not a starter, unless he is hitting his shots or learns the meaning of the phrase "staying in front of your opponent."

6. Rdp49

Rdp49 Member

Hi,

Chandler did not play a week ago, because of the five foreign quotas allowed in the French League, Cholet has six foreigners, so a choice was made by the staff just before the match

This weekend, he made a good game, very altruistic, clumsy, very good state of mind, a few bad choices, it's obvious he is very young

Match Summary

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4NaYBWQIVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Rdp49

Rdp49 Member

Hi,

Chandler did not play a week ago, because of the five foreign quotas allowed in the French League, Cholet has six foreigners, so a choice was made by the staff just before the match

This weekend, he made a good game, very altruistic, clumsy, very good state of mind, a few bad choices, it's obvious he is very young

Match Summary

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://youtu.be/n4NaYBWQIVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chase Budinger is absolutely a 15-6-3 starter. All he needs is a tough, defensive SG... (Kevin Martin is not that guy...)

Oh gawd no, I agree with DD!!!

9. Rdp49

Rdp49 Member

Hi,

Match Summary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4NaYBWQIVI

After a month and a half in Cholet, I wonder

This is a player who has tremendous potential, but it must play a lot, it made ​​a lot of youthful, now it is too soft for the NBA

Are the Rockets will have patience with Chandler ? I'm afraid it goes a lot in d league, not really progressed

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Look, I know he has struggled overseas so far, but it seems like most American bball players do at first as well. There is just a different style of play, and I believe Chandler will excell in a more open NBA style of play.

Lets just not forget that he was one of the better "all around" players in the NCAA last year and will do fine in time. I actually think its good that he's struggling over there and the game is a little more Rough and tumble. Maybe he will come back with a little more edge and disposition in his game.

That is something Chase Budinger never really had, and I agree with DD too. Whether you like him or not, with starter minutes, Chase has produced quality minutes and improved significantly on the defensive end. However, Chandler and Chase have completely different styles of play. The only real similarity they have it they both are projected NBA SF's, white, and severely undervalued in the draft. I dont see Chandler getting minutes this upcoming season, if there is one, but next season and going forward, he will be a quality player.

11. DaDakota

The smart ones always come around to the dark side !!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH !

DD

12. Htown's2kFinest

i'm actually with chase this time...

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Why are we talking about Chase in this thread? Parsons plays the same position, but does not play like Chase.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Don't you mean all we need is a good defensive minded center?

Having a SG that could play defense won't cover Chase's inability to stay in front of his man. Chase still HAS to guard somebody.

I mean Chase was lit up by some scrub in Cleveland.

15. DaDakota

Nobody can stay in front of anyone on the perimeter in the "No touch" league.

Lowry was blown by consistently, Kmart, please...Chase....ugh...Luis...same.....

Our perimeter D was bad by everyone......not as bad as some, I would rank our starters perimeter D as follows from Best to worst.

1. Hayes
    2. Lowry
    3. Budinger
    4. Scola
    5. Kmart

Now, I am not saying Hayes can guard a guard or SF, just doing a straight up man to man on the perimeter against their own spot.

Lowry is the best pure perimeter PG, but he is not that quick laterally and quicker guards get around him pretty easily...but they will pay for it ...lol.

So, while Chase is by no means a good defender, he is far from the worst on the team.

DD

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Budinger, Scola, and KMart's horrible D are all interchangable. By no means is Bud the "best" out of all these 3.

When was the last time Scola and KMart was lit up by a benchwarmer?

And sorry, to say Chase is far from the worst on the team is just inaccurate. The moment Brooks was traded, Chase got pushed further down the bad defense list.

How many players would you rate below Bud in terms of D? I could think of two at the best.

17. DaDakota

Not sure, I think Chase has his moments and does an adequate job, for sure I would put Kmart below him - and agree about Brooks too....he was bad on D for sure.

I think Chase has developed his D, and with more playing time will become adequate there.

Clearly he is never going to be Battier like, but his offense is also miles better than Shanes...so it probably washes out.

I have hopes for Morris, but he looks slow laterally too....so, I guess we shall see.

DD

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Maybe Chase could become adequate on D, maybe not. What we do know is Chase IS easily right at the bottom in terms of D on our team, so he has ALOT to improve on. And I mean a lot. That distance amplifies if we compare it to the rest of the league, where the Rockets are below average in terms of defensive efficiency.

I will say one thing though, Bud would work out very well as a bench player, so hopefully Morris turns out to be something good.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would put Chase higher on D than Scola and Kmart any day of the week. Apparently nobody saw the last 4 weeks of the season. Chase improved dramatically, and held up very well against a 5 game stretch that saw the likes of Paul Pierce, and Lebron James. Given he didnt dominate by any means, but he held his own respectively.

The improvement alone shows that he cares about defense, and that will put him above Scola anyday. Scola might be the worst defensive liability in the league. However, he does expend tons of energy on the offensive end.

Martin, on the other hand, tends to float alot, but stays in front of his man on one on one situations well. His biggest issue is his lack of strength to out muscle his opponents. Put him on a team with Dwight Howard in the middle and he might lead the league in steals.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Plenty of other threads for yall to discuss Euro vs NBA and Who plays good D on the current roster...

Quit crapping all over this thread with the thousanth iteration of these arguments.

If you arent talking about Chandler Parsons, go elsewhere.