1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons News

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rdp49, Sep 11, 2011.

1. RedNews

RedNews Member

Is this guy a Rocket?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is shooting his strength?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, it is the making that he has a problem with....

DD

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hahaha...

I was under the impression that his handle, vision and size were the appeal.
    I have never heard anything about his shooting in college.
    He is already being stereotyped as the "white guy"...
    Ala Woody Harrelson...

"You might be able to pull some passes out of your ass, but that doesn't mean you can play this game."

THIS IS SIDNEY DEAN'S HOUSE!!!

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Those are basically practice scrimmages. The preseason games are next. The stats from these games are totally meaningless one way or the other.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm starting to think Parsons has been the busiest Rocket this offseason. He finished college ball and jumped right into draft workouts. He had workouts with David Lee. Got drafted and had a few workouts with the Rockets. Got locked out and had workouts with Courtney Lee. Now he is playing in pre-season games for Cholet. This is one hard working kid. I'm glad he is a Rocket.

7. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Well he better be. Cholet isn't any big European club or anything, but it is a decent level French club and at least will probably play in the second tier Eurocup. They also have ambitions on Euroleague play and winning the French League.

So it is still a club that is focused on winning games and not developing rookies. So he better be a harder worker than most other guys. Because European clubs are much more demanding and the season is much harder and more grueling than what you get in the NBA.

Full out 2 a days at 5-8 hours is the standard every day in Europe. And on games days you have to bring it all 100% because their are less games. And the leagues in Europe are much more physical than the NBA is. So it is more like an NFL or NCAA football schedule than an NBA schedule.

Pretty much every American player has trouble adjusting to how much more physically demanding the season is in Europe. His agent probably knows this and the Rockets probably know it also, so they are probably trying to get him ready for it.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

I had to call attention to this, this is probably one of the funniest statements ever typed on clutchfans. I know OHMSS is really just some guy in Arkansas, but you can't tell me with a straight face that you didn't laugh.

9. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

It is common basic basketball 101 knowledge that European leagues are way more physical than the NBA is. It is a fact. You look foolish for not knowing that.

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

His defense will be thing to watch out for the most. He needs to stand out at this level to have any hope of seeing game time in the NBA.

11. Rdp49

Rdp49 Member

I agree with OHMSS

To convince you, here's an interview with Joakim Noah during the Eurobasket

"The competition is very high. In the NBA, the European game has a reputation of being less physical and soft. This is not the case, it is more physical. There is more collective and the rule of three seconds change a lot things. In NBA, you know where the shots came from. Here, you take from everywhere. It is more intelligent. There are fewer spaces, it must be in the right places at the right time."

UPDATE

A summary of the game last night, a lot of shares of Chandler

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

OHMSS starts this argument in EVERY single thread somehow related to international basketball. Its best to just ignore it because the argument goes nowhere.

OHMSS studies up on pretty much every worthless Euro stat for the sheer hope of beating up on some uneducated basketball newcomer with useless comparisons.

Its a different style of play in a totally different continent. Its probably much more grueling than the NBA in some ways, but its still not the NBA. Totally different league and style of play.

Keep the thread focused on Chandler Parson updates with Cholet Please. Im interested to see how he does over there and if available catch a clip or two of highlights.

OHMSS.... Appreciate the updates if you have them, but could care less to read another thread about Euro Vs. NBA.

13. Moahst

Moahst Member

Great video. I'm loving Parson's game. He's looking like he's a lengthy playmaker with a decent shooting touch and high BBIQ. He must have had 5 or 6 assists during those highlights. Thanks for sharing.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree as well. Anyone comparing him to Budinger just really doesnt know his game. He is a playmaker that sets up teamates very well. As his offensive game and shooting evolves even more, it will make him that much more affective.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

^what he said.

16. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Sure make sense to me :rolleyes:

17. dham01

dham01 Member

Maybe, he's like a Turgalu( I'm sure that's spelled wrong)2008 Magic's edition. Hopefully he plays better defense though. That would be quite advantageous. Thoughts, fellow clutchfanites???

18. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Merci pour ce infos mec, ca manquait de presence Française sur ce forum.

Thanks for the info Bro. Do you think he's going to make it as a starter? What are Cholet's chances in the French league this year?

19. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

The Euroleague and Eurocup actually have their own websites.....they also have all their games broadcast online. Imagine that. It's not like you can't find out how Chandler Parsons is doing on your own.

So, if my posts bother you that much, you can just find your own Parsons updates.

20. hahachui

hahachui Member

i love his play
    hope he could be out luke walton without injuries