1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons "Left Houston so Easily"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ktbballplaya, Oct 31, 2014.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Hey Mavs, now you suck at two things!

2. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I wonder if Asik will make a rap. :grin:

3. OwlsTrojan1

OwlsTrojan1 New Member

As comforting as this may sound, it's yet another delusional post from a delusional fancies. Ive lived in LA, DC, Dallas and now Houston and while I think Houston is the awesomest, coolest city out there I gotta be honest about one thing Ive noticed since moving here... the people's attitude, especially concerning Dallas. It's off-putting. Houston is bigger and better. I don't understand the obsession people have here with everything Dallas. It's like personal or something. I don't get it. LEAVE THEM ALONE.

If I tell people here Ive lived in Dallas, I immediately get a "Oh really? Well whats better? Huh? Huh?" or "We call that the little D around here!" or "Oh don't tell me you're a Cowboys fan. F the Cowboys!" and Im like, "WTF all I said is I lived in Dallas. I didn't say anything else"!! Or Ill be watching the national weather map on Good Morning America and it shows Dallas and not Houston and Ill hear, "Why do they ALWAYS show Dallas!? GRRRRRR!" This is just stuff that I notice. When I lived in Dallas, you know what I heard about Houston? NOTHING. Dallas is snobbish and pretentious but that also allows it to be confident and not really care about other cities. When I go back up there and tell people I live in Houston, all I get are two eyes blinking back at me and a "Oh that's cool". Dallas doesn't give a **** about us. (unless you go up there and poke them about it, then yeah of course they're going to react) Otherwise, they don't really know of a Houston-Dallas rivalry, at least not to the extent people do here which I must say is borderline pathetic.

And that Houston attitude has totally rubbed off on Parsons. He thinks that just like Houston hates Dallas, that Dallas must hate Houston and that he's gotta talk **** back Houston's way. I guarantee you most people in Dallas don't care. Do they like the Rockets? Of course not. Do they like the city of Houston? They're indifferent.

Does Dallas get more attention than Houston? Yes. So what? Houston is bigger, better and stronger than Dallas will ever be. But seriously this Houston inferiority complex has got to stop. I see it EVERYWHERE. It makes the city look insecure, which it is. And to someone who's been living here since 2005 after spending a couple of years in Dallas, it was immediately noticeable. Like, week 1.