1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons leaves Rockets practice early after a knee injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robotom, Jan 6, 2014.

1. robotom

robotom Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons and Greg Smith both hurt themselves at practice today. Chandler hurt his knee and didn't finish. Doesn't know how bad.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/420283447312015360">January 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"Chandler Parsons and Greg Smith both hurt themselves at practice today. Chandler hurt his knee and didn't finish. Doesn't know how bad."

1 person likes this.
  2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Chandler had an MRI, but the results were negative, so he should be back relatively soon at least

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Even if Chandler Parsons had a harpoon through his knee, McHale would play him 38 mpg.

1 person likes this.
  5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Hopefully just a knee contusion.

6. conquistador#11

he'll end up playing 52 minutes against the lakers.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's playing basketball! He's not on his knees, working a double-shift, laying cement in the hot sun. He's playing basketball. He should get down on that hurt knee and thank God he's playing basketball for a living and someone actually is paying him millions and millions — or in other cases, hundreds of thousands at the minimum — to play basketball.

If you have to rest your knee to play basketball … I can understand resting your knee if you’ve done three double shifts laying cement and then I go home. I understand that. I don’t understand resting your knee to be able to come out and play basketball for a living. If you have to do that, you’re in the wrong sport. You’re doing the wrong thing.

Chandler, get your ass out there and play.

- Kevin

3 people like this.
  8. newAge_Rockets

Hahaha, I bet that is what McHale wants to say. Golden, J.R

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

McHale wouldn't say that much. He would just ask "Did you break your leg? No? Then that's not injury, 42 min tmr night"

Hope Parsons get back healthy soon, but take the time. Slave driver McHale will play you 40 min the moment you come back

1 person likes this.
  10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

^must spread rep.

11. rockets13champs

not good. Praying for Parsons. We need depth. and this is why. BIG reason why rockets arent consistent

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Come on Greg, it's bad enough you barely play because of your bad knee but you really didn't have to smash Chandler as well. Jeez.

13. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Sometimes, I do wish we traded Asik for Thaddeus Young or Lee + Bass.

14. smr6

smr6 Member

As long as it's not of the Omer Asik variety.

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

MRI came back negative. It's a minor injury.

16. s.b713

s.b713 Member

" We aint down there laying down Timbs, better get yo buttt out there n play CP " Kevin McHale

17. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I wonder if McHale's penchant for playing through injury, such as playing through a leg injury for the Celtics that gave him his chronic hobble, influences his belief that players can play through injuries regardless of severity? I mean as a player himself who played up to that point, I guess it's hypocritical of him to say "Harden, you gotta rest for your health and future."

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What is going on with all the injuries? :(

19. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

Before the end of the season either Chandler or Harden is going to get a major injury. The way Mcfail is playing them no one will have juice left going in to the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  20. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

I doubt any of the players wants to end up with his limp. He should be more of a warning to our players than anything else.