1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons is the main reason Rockets has been playing well lately

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston#1, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

correlations does not justify causation

2. Burko

Burko Member

No taxation without representation

3. Roxfansince90

Roxfansince90 Member

I think it more has to do with Dalambert coming into his own and learning the rockets system. Parsons has some contribution to our recent success tho

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Rockets has been playing well lately.

Is "has" gramatically correct??:(

5. what

what Member

the reason you all are willing is that you have veteran players:

sam dalambert, kyle, martin, scola, lee, these guys aren't dead. they are all good players. and a weak schedule. the rockets probably can't sustain this level of play, but it isn't out of the question.

6. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I'm enjoying what Parsons is contributing. As has been stated it is a combination of things: Dalembert playing like a real center, Dragic, i love his game, and of course Lowry. Kyle puts up a triple double and someone puts up a thread about how it is due to Parsons. Please! But this is a msg board; stuff like that is to be expected.

7. mclawson

mclawson Member

He's working out as a great glue guy so far. He doesn't do anything amazingly (other than putback dunks) but he does almost everything pretty well. He won't fill up too many stat sheets, but he is in every column pretty much every night (except turnovers last night, when he had 0). He doesn't make too many mistakes, is unselfish, and generally just gets how the game works and flows. He's certainly a factor in why they're playing better.

However, it's disingenuous to say he's the only reason. Everyone has stepped up their game lately, the schedule has been a bit easier, the team has had more time to mesh, there has been more time to learn McHale's system, and a myriad of other factors have all contributed.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's not the only reason. I think Dally is probably a bigger factor. However, Parson is by far the best man defender on the team. The fact that he's taking minutes from the second or third worse defender on the team is definitely a net positive.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So what you're saying is...Chandler is the new no-stats allstar?

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

McHale is a big reason also

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Somewhat incorrect, Rockets started Dalembert and Parsons when they were 3-6. When they started against OKC at home, they escaped with a win. Durant shot 25 times and so far, after the Houston game, he hasn't shot more than 25 attempts in a game. Parsons as a starter is 7-1, I have no doubt he is a reason for the Rockets steak, as well as Dalembert. Thankfully, he played in hiding with the Gators, if he had been playing ballhawking style, no way Houston Rockets would of gotten a lottery-type pick player.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This AND the rotation has been shortened.:cool:

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My favorite new player.

DD

14. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

you really don't watch the games do you?

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I hate to say that I was right about this guy. I watched him in Florida and when everyone was crying "why did they draft another Chase 2.0 I tried to say that he's not Chase at all. I thought to compare him to Lamar Odom, but didnt have a clue that he could be this affective on defense.

Plus his size added another plus to the equation. This team is playing like a true team. Everyone has their own role that they are carving out in the rotation. Its not just Parsons, but he's seems to be the glue thats held it all together.

Martin & Scola - 1st half scorers. Get the team off to a good start offensively.
    Dalembert - Enforcer in the middle. Rebound and block shots
    Dragic & Lee- 6th man guards off the bench. Bring energy offense, and push the ball in transition
    Parsons- Mr. Versatility. has the size, foot speed, skills to play and guard 4 out of 5 positions on the floor. Doesn't need to score to be effective. Makes other players on the floor Better.
    Patterson- Junk yard dog off the bench, but with a developing offensive game. His play in the next 10 games could be the biggest stepping stone to success for the Rockets.
    Lowry- The Man. Puts the team on his shoulders and does what he has to do to win. He's the alpha dog, and unquestionably the person you want the ball in his hands at the end of the game to win it.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Crap....

please knock on wood, throw salt over your shoulder, or something.

1 person likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, my favs are Lowry, Parsons and Scola on this team.

DD

18. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

no question he's a better upgrade of Bud but Dalebear also played well lately.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Just don't make any bold predictions about him being the next coming of Tom Chambers. ;)

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

DD just ended the careers of Lowry, Parsons and Scola with that statement. :grin: