1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons invited to Team USA minicamp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 23, 2013.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Point is its a natural tendency to overvalue your teams players as a fan. Parsons would be shipped out in a heartbeat for a #1 pick or a young talent like Cousins or was the difference between signing Howard or not.

His career and contract will look much like Batum or Prince.

2. haydenfisher342

O i agree, fans over value their players. Im just saying I believe a team will over value him even more then our fans do. Hes for sure going to get better, hes going to be an Olympian.

Back to the shipped out in a heartbeat for a #1 pick and / or young talent, didnt DM get many offers last year for Parsons, good ones? but Morey Declined because he "overvalues" Parsons? I dont have searching rights, but something in the back of my mind rememebers readin on these forums, that a team offered something legit for CP, but we said no.........help please

3. pnr

pnr Member

Slow your roll. He's scrimmaging against the USA team for three days. He's not on the actual team.

4. haydenfisher342

FOUND ONE!

Adrian Wojnarowski: Houston is still lingering in Josh Smith talks, but Atlanta's desire for Asik and Parsons is a non-starter for Rockets, sources tell Y! Twitter @WojYahooNBA

5. NBA_Elite

NBA_Elite Member

LBJ-Max
    KD-Max
    CP3-Max
    DH-Max
    JH13-Max
    Curry-11 million
    TD - 10 mil
    Melo-Max
    Westbrook-Max
    D-rose-Max

Ya max money, but heres a start
    /thread

6. haydenfisher342

I dont get it

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It is about value. Josh Smith is not an all star or all star caliber and he's at his ceiling and wants near max money. If you added him as a FA eh I could deal with that but trading two excellent values like Asik and Parsons isn't worth a Josh Smith. But I would trade Parsons and Asik for Love, LMA, Cousins, and other all stars or in Cousins case soon to be all stars. Talent trumps all in the NBA you trade whatever it takes to get a true max worthy player and the only way to do that is a 2 or 3 for one like Tmac or Harden. Morey knows this and he knows this and expect at least Lin and Asik to be gone before their co tracts are up. Parsons is a tougher sell but if Howard is aboard and a Love or Cousins is made available bye bye.

8. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

wasn't it because of his injury?

9. haydenfisher342

Point is if Morey wouldnt make a deal for asik and parsons because he must believe there is MORE VALUE in Parsons and Asik. If i remember correctly it was declined because "Parsons" was included. Now I cant speak for Morey, but does he put more Value on Parsons or Asik? Does it matter? My Point is, if Morey says no to Josh smith who wants max Money, who is prob going to get max money, for Asik and Parsons that It could mean Parsons Value is really High and or Asiks value is really high.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I was thinking he needs the little 7-10 foot standing hook that Marion uses all the time.

11. haydenfisher342

Just found this article on Chandler Parsons, worth reading, and thinking about
    http://www.hardwooddiagnostic.com/value-added-list-of-the-most-cost-effective-producers-in-the-nba/

Through March 10, Parsons had cost $1,165 per unit of production. The average cost of a unit of production this season is $13,938. Based on that price, Parsons’ production this season has been worth $10.6 million. He’s making $888,000. So he’s currently worth roughly $10 million more than he’s being paid. That’s huge. That’s like a free All-Star, almost.

12. haydenfisher342

So if he improves lets say 20% in all categories or some important categories could we theorize his production value would be worth 12 million? As a 3rd Option? What about a first option could it be more then 20%? Would it decrease and become worse? There has got to be some teams looking at this and thinking this kid could be an allstar

13. joe101

joe101 Member

Didn't Genghis Khan conquer a good portion of Europe and seeded there?

14. Mitchmantc

Mitchmantc Member

Fixed it for you

15. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Joe Johnson has been on the decline and was a star when he averaged 25 on 47 percent shooting, he also had the talent to tell everyone to get out of his way and let him do his thing. Parsons needs others to create for him, but he'll be a great 3rd option on a championship team when we sign DH12. :)

16. haydenfisher342

keep reading

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

black women are going to give him the keri washington scandal treament after this news now.

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

black women are going to give him the keri washington scandal treatment after this news now.

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Nuh uh, he's my man!

20. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

The mini-camp isn't going to be scrimmaging against the actual senior national team, like the select team does. It's so that they can evaluate the potential players that they might select for the 2014 World Basketball Cup USA team, so Parsons is really competing for a spot.

This was the previous mini-camp.

<iframe width="590" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MazgdMdkgvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>