1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons invited to Team USA minicamp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 23, 2013.

1. Asian Sensation

Clutchfans.. the only place where Parsons is a GOD and untradeable for anyone not named LeBron or Durant yet they scoff at the idea of him making close to max money.

2. haydenfisher342

To be honest, I gave stats, compared analysis, tried to give reasonable discussion. is it because I have something like 400 psts? Join date 12'?

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The nature of being a fan. Sometimes, or most of the time, we overrate our players since we see them on a regular basis (in before comcast joke). I try to be as open minded as I can, and look at it from a neutral point of view. Parsons will not be a max player, he's not a #1 option, and I can think of at least 20 players off the top of my head that I would trade him for.

4. haydenfisher342

I would love to hear of some of those players! and would it be feasible for them to trade said players for parsons?

5. haydenfisher342

What is hindering parsons in becoming a #1 option?

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

hope he gets selected, that experience has proven to be valuable in the NBA, seeing how the best in the world go about their business

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

The worst contract in the NBA is not a good precedent for what Parsons will receive.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

He can't dribble, he can't create his own shot, he can't playmake for others, he has no go to move, he has no post play, he has no pull up shot, he struggles off the dribble, and oh yeah, this guy is keeping him from being a #1 options (thank goodness)

[​IMG]

I refuse to waste anymore time and posts on trying to convince someone that Parsons is what he is; a great role player. Nothing more, nothing less.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He needs to develop a hook in the post. He's a little too stiff for anything else down there, but that'll be one way to take his play up a notch.

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Luther Head for example where is he now?
    Ok Isaiah Thomas take a chill pill bad boy

11. Asian Sensation

hayden don't worry about guys giving you a hard time. You have to have thick skin around here.

Here's my logic... If Parsons were due for a contract this year he's earned himself a nice contract at about $7-8M in my opinion.

By next summer (2013-2014) if he continues to improve and progress like he has then he's going to be worth bout $10M give or take. That is what I also consider FMV for Parsons. This is also where I think Parsons in my humble opinion will top out at. In other words I personally don't think he can get much better (All star potential). But that's debatable and it wouldn't shock me completely if he proved me wrong.

The interesting thing is Parsons is technically ours until (2014-2015) lets say he continues to improve and get even better this year compared to last year which isn't too far fetched considering he will have just completed his 4th year in the league and just entering his "prime" it makes sense if the starting rate for his services are around $12-14M per season. At this time he will also be an UFA and it's not unfathomable to think that a team will throw him a 5 year 80M (Max Money) contract depending on the market and need.

12. haydenfisher342

Im not saying that he would be a number 1 option for houston, but its a possiblity somewhere else.

And wtf is this

"I refuse to waste anymore time and posts on trying to convince someone that Parsons is what he is; a great role player. Nothing more, nothing less"

your better then this? right?

13. haydenfisher342

Insert obvious sarcasm*

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

lmao read the guy's posts before you try and defend him. He says Parsons will get a max contract and uses Joe Johnson's contract as an example. :rolleyes: Smart posting.

15. haydenfisher342

Its all good man, nothing bothers me. I caulk it all off, trying to have a discussion that is all. I cant go back and look through posts from what I wrote, but Ive said in many other threads that Chandler is due imo 10 mill. BUT due to the nature of his talent, and his potential I feel out of 30 teams, he will be offered Max. I dont think its that unreasonable to assume that, considering the past, and what other teams have done.

16. haydenfisher342

I also used many other examples.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Luther was on the US Team's sparing-partner team. I don't think that's quite the same as Mini Camp.

18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I'm with you. I like Parsons but will not cry if he's gone. Too many homers on this board.

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Parsons is definitely benefiting from the ultra-high tempo of the team and playing with great passers Harden and Lin.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Overrating play'rs = okay, overrating Lin = Linch. :cool:

Anyways, nice one here:

[​IMG]