1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons Improving Offense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said! I wish we had four more like him on the court for every game, at least from the neck up.

Why is it that so many folks will pick a Hall of Famer to compare a young player to, when that young player doesn't merit the comparison, and would probably laugh if he heard someone make the comment. Maybe it would help if people watched Bird play in something other than NBA TV classic games.

#61 Deckard, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Larry play in college, finally finishing up with that classic game against Magic's Michigan St. Spartans. And suffered in 80 and 86 as our Rockets fell in the Finals. Watching Showtime battle it out with the hated Celtics on a regular basis was routine. How privileged were we? (I'm proud that the Rockets were the only team besides LA to get out of the West in the eighties) If we hadn't had to battle the two greatest dynasties in NBA history we'd have at least one more title.(and even more if it wasn't for Cocaine and the Seattle Supersonics) A very good argument could be made that those Rockets teams were much better than our Championship teams. The League was just better across the board back then. Add PSJ, the Oilers, and Astros ....C'mon, those were some of the best years of my life.

I thought the Bobby Jones comparison an apt one considering Chandler's old school approach... defensive prowess, versatility, and upside.
    I tried to think of a guy from the present but none seemed to fit.

And since I was thinking old school, Larry came to mind. He's such a lightning rod that I regret bringing him up. I mean, I was only thinking of him comprising 5-10% of the comparison. Chandler DOES idolize the guy.

Again, while Chandler shares attributes with these fellas, I'm not saying he'll even begin to approach their level ......It's just a ball park reference point for comparison of similarities.

What current or past, non HOF does he remind YOU of, Deck?

#62 Plowman, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  3. trugoy

trugoy Member

Chandler Parsons is Derrick Mckey.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

That's fair. That's pretty much what I'm saying and kinda like texeffecient stated about him. He can be a solid starter with improvement. I don't think he will ever threatent the asg or anything like that. If I were to say you can have nik batum 3 yrs from now or chandler parson, who would you choose?