1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons, chasing the fame?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by whoisray, Jul 16, 2013.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree with all your points. But as long as Parsons is delivering on the court, I don't really care how much attention he tries to get.

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

All those guys you mentioned had the tools to become all stars. Parsons has the tools to be a very damn good Role player in the NBA and speaking of tools, it appears that many clutchfans want his tool in their rear.

3. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I always thought of Chandler Parsons as somebody who definitely likes to get his face out there and doesn't mind playing a media darling, much like JJ Watt on the Texans. Much different from guys like Kevin Martin, Matt Schaub or Andre Johnson who don't tweet much or seek any kind of attention, and seem pretty indifferent to there media reputations.

5. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Kevin Love, Nikola Pekovic, Pau Gasol, David Lee, Danilo Gallinari, Dirk, Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol are all players that some would argue that are both white and better than CP right now.

6. claydavis

claydavis Member

its not like he's being paid well. he wants that cash

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

the more fame the more pressure.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Valid 1st point. Completely unnecessary 2nd point and duly reported.

9. dandorotik

What about Ginobili? Parker? Cuttino Mobley? Numerous other players who supposedly didn't have the tools to become stars? Seriously, how long have you been watching basketball, and how often? Making a lifetime judgment on a player with only one full year under their belt is pretty suspect. Actually, kinda ignorant- no offense. Personally, I think Parsons definitely has the potential to be an All-Star, but more like a 1-year or 2-year all-star- I don't feel he's going to be a perennial all-star. But looking at his 2nd year stats, and understanding that if these became slightly better in the next years, he'd be in the all-star discussion, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

no problem with it.

11. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Loll hate to say it cause i love CP, but I kinda agree. It's hard for me to imagine him being an Allstar based on talent. That might change if his popularity continues to soar. I just kinda feel like he's trying too hard, he needs to be natural.

12. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

13. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

He's a boss. I'm glad a Rocket is getting out there and speaking up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Great interview with <a href="https://twitter.com/hopesolo">@hopesolo</a>. You have a real future in this business, lol <a href="http://t.co/HkIaBdtFbH">pic.twitter.com/HkIaBdtFbH</a></p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/statuses/357388808397918208">July 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Gil

Gil Member

The most overrated Rocket in recent memory (Lin doesn't count because his fans aren't real Rocket fans)

All star my ass.

SF's better than Parsons: Lebron, Melo, Durant, Pierce, Gay, Batum, Kawhi, Gallinari, Granger, Paul George

I'd take MKG and Harrison Barnes over him as well if we're factoring in potential.

He's white, charismatic and good looking so of course people are going to rate him better than he actually is but the fact of the matter is he's incredibly overrated. Cringe whenever I see his fanbois label him untouchable as if he's on Harden's or Dwight's level.

Watching a couple of his latest interviews it seems like he's even starting to believe the hype. You're just a role player buddy, don't get it twisted.

15. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I agree he's overrated on this site (people calling him untouchable) but that's alot of hate for a player reppin our city to his best ability.

16. Madclownpacasum

I really think CP can be a future all star, He just keeps on improving every year and he had a solid post season last year. He deserves all the love he gets ryt now

17. dandorotik

Of course it is, what a f**King moron to bring race into it. He's comparing Parsons to players who have 3, 5, 7, 10 or more years of experience than him. How ridiculous. But these are the types of ignorant posters we've gotten ever since Lin came on board. Shame.

18. Raven

Raven Member

ESPN would worship him if he were a Laker or Knick.

19. SevenMinuteAbs

Aren't all stars voted by the fans? Wasn't Yao a starter even when he was hurt? If that's the case I think he can definitely be an all star.

People aren't saying he is all star caliber, but that he has potential to be.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

His contract sucks. What's wrong with trying to make up the missing cash in your life with other income? Getting his face out there may bring endorsements and there's nothing wrong with that.