1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons anti-appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That is my problem too. I don't get why the guy would post these "take that mothereffers!" type of photos with a man who is the biggest douchebag owner in professional sports.

It's like having a calm, rational talk with your girlfriend about if there is a future for the two of you and then she goes out and takes pics of herself getting pecker slapped by Mr. Mandingo at the strip club and posts it on twitter it for the world to see.

1 person likes this.
  2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

No joke. I was going to say something similar, but might as well just quote you to reiterate.

3. rocketsmetalspd

No but he should have. Respect and Loyalty are foreign words to many but then again I am old school and even some old school peeps mess up. Depends on the person in the end. Boy that was full circle :grin:

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is his first and as any athlete will tell you it could very well be your last chance at a big contract.

Take the money early in your career. Worry about discounts when your family is set for generations.

Sucks when it's one of your guys, but it's the way nearly all of us would approach it.

5. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I see what you're saying, but considering he's going from roughly 1mil to 15 mil, that's the equivalent of most of us going from roughly 60K (about average income) to another job that offers us 900k.....

He'll probably never have an easier choice in his entire life....

6. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

So many hypocrites in this thread who'd cheer and applaud when assets, I mean, players are shipped out for upgrades, and then can't take it when players, I mean, assets try to maximize their own value. "Oh where is his loyalty and decency and respect?" LOL

When the team shows none, it gets none. Morey better take it like a man.

7. TheresTheDagger

You're making my point for me.

8. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Agreed. I thought it was a pretty douchey move, for sure.

9. MustangPride73

I'll be interested in seeing people's tone when he is brought back.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I can't begrudge Chandler for taking the best offer, for getting paid as much as possible, for working a ridiculous contract out of Cuban.

What I can hold against him is being a total dick about it. The whole nightclub-signing thing, the not waiting a day or two more to see how the FA dominos fall. That's all bush league stuff. Screw him. He'll look great in Maverick blue, siphoning off money that is rightly Dirk's and causing a strain when he doesn't live up to it.

11. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Idk how he has the balls to be all over twitter with those pics...i mean if he was a URFA then okay i understand you're going to your next team, but at least wait until you officially know what team you're going to.

It would be so awkward if the rockets brought him back.

I would definitely boo him.

12. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

whatever, take the deal...but handle it with respect, ESP since they are our ****in rivals!

he is forever a douche in my eyes.

13. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

But when you put a prospective player's face on an existing player's jersey, that's just business, right? Right? No, that's totally not being a dick. That's just business.

It's all just business. Why do you hold anything against anyone?

14. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Get off your high horse dude. He's young and this is his FIRST EVER big contract. You sound really mad about it, but be happy for the guy a bit. He came in to the NBA non guaranteed, he made a name for himself, played while underpaid for a few years and now it's all paying off for him. A few MILLION dollars is a lot to him! Put yourself in his shoes for a second and you'd jump at the chance for a "few extra million dollars." If this were a seasoned vet, former all star, who'd made tens of millions throughout his career and had no need for money, and THEN bailed for a few extra dollars, then yea I'd see your point.

He played well, got noticed, and is getting paid off for it.

I'm sure everyone here would want CP25 on the rockets for the right price, but let's not take it out on him personally for cashing in on his payday. Congrats to parsons.

15. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I dont have an issue with him taking the deal, im just mad about the pictures. I think he should have at least waited to see if we will match first.

16. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

In the Boozer deal, he promised Cleveland that he wouldn't leave. He put himself on the record that he was absolutely going to stay. In Parson's case, he never said (IIRC, if I'm wrong, and there's a quote, please post it) he absolutely would stay here. Many of us (myself included) thought Morey had a "wink-wink" deal in place for Parsons and discussed how he would be brought back before officially declining his team option (while he was still under contract to avoid tampering).

You are right, as many people post, especially during FA period, is of the "business of basketball" and how that causes breakups of teams. I understand taking that money, I have no issue with that at all, but it does hurt when it's our division nemesis and posting those photos, rubbing it in our faces, makes it hurt that much more.

If we match Parson's offer sheet, we have no room to bring in Bosh or any FA, without using our exceptions. If we bring in Bosh, we are unable to bring in any additional unrestricted FA that was not a Rocket last season. So if Bosh stays away from Houston (which I personally expect him to do), from a cap flexibility standpoint, we might be better off not matching Parson's offer sheet, so we can try to bring in some players to sure up our depth (perimeter D, and backup Center depth to spell Dwight when he is getting rest).

17. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Karma is a biatch, what goes around comes around.

18. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, my son has a lot of Rockets jerseys thanks to Morey... Lol.

It's not necessarily fans being hypocrites. Their feelings are just hurt and or can't separate the business from the sport.

19. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

What goes around comes around.

Remember, the idea of trying to get a RFA is to poison the contract. Much like the ones Asik and Lin got.

Both played for $5 mill a year for 2 years and while Rockets will do ok with trading Asik away it will get burned with Lin's contract.

This Parson's contract is just as poisonous for different reasons. It cost a lot, time limit and has a 2 year player option! This is a suicide contract for any team!

Imagine if indeed Parsons blow up and is say an Allstar. Well he will opt out and be a FA. If he bombs you are stuck one more year.

But good for him! He is getting paid.

Don't think Morey expected Cuban to pull this one!

But it was a gamble and Rockets were doing him a solid for basically playing for low salary for 2 yr and helping with getting DH.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Fans are not rational. Anyone would take the money, but he didn't have to pose for a bunch of pics with that prick cuban.

he's getting Harden money.