1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chances Brian Hoyer is on Next Year's Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Jan 11, 2016.

?

What are the Chances that Hoyer will be on the 2016-2017 Texans Roster

1. 100% NO CHANCE THEY CUT HIM

16 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. 75~99%: BO'b is very stubborn

25 vote(s)
    18.7%
  3. 50-50: If nothing else is available

49 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. 0%: No way in hell

42 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. I think it is time to jump ship

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He's more of a threat to the team as a backup if BOB's willing to hot swap him in if the starter doesn't perform well.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I want to say zero....but I've seen this organization stick with folks for years longer than I ever thought they would in the past.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Based on what we've seen *prior to Saturday*? I think there's some recency bias here. He's a perfectly competent NFL back-up who knows the system. If they draft a rookie QB, or hand the reins to Savage, I think there's a better than decent chance Hoyer is back.

Having said that...

That might change things. I also think there are going to be more decent-to-good QBs available this offseason than at any other time, maybe in all of NFL history.

But bringing him back as back-up? I would think that's certainly viable.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

He has to go. The fans might riot if he stays.

It's unlikely we will have a good QB next year. So, I say go for entertainment value.

Acquire RG3, Billy Manziel, and Tim Tebow. Let these guys battle it out for the starting position. When one guy fails, bring in the next. We could probably have some plays where all three are on the field at the same time. Everyone will want to watch the Texans. Am I right?

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not want to see his face on TV with any seconds. This guy is a pure loser in the sport.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Hell n'ah. RG III, maybe just bc of the Harker Height connection, me being from K-town.

7. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I say they keep him as a backup or starter until their 1st/2nd round QB is ready to play.. Or until Hoyer retires after 3 more concussions.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I don't want him anywhere near this roster next year, but he will no doubt be in camp because of his knowledge of the system.

Whatever QB they draft needs to move in with BoB so he can be ready to go ASAP

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

With the exception of the Kansas City game, was he really that bad? Obviously they have to look for another QB but I don't think he's any worse than the alternatives out there.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you only count (or heavily weigh) the games played against the Saints, Jags, and Titans, he did awesome. If you look at his play against even halfway good teams, he was total and complete garbage.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He wasn't horrible. He put up a 90 qbrating for the year. He's not like 60 qbrating Mallet or something.

He's basically like Fitz though, just a placeholder. Hard to really see making a real run with him

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He was/is a back-up QB. And a fairly decent one, all things considered. I think there's a decent chance he'll be back, depending what they do in the offseason.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

you'd think it'd be 0% but nope... we'll have to suffer another year of Hoyer at the QB.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, if you judge him by starting QB standards.

If you judge him by back up QB standards then over the season he was fine.

If it's true that the texans save money by cutting him then he's gone. Yates, Weeden, Savage could be better backups.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Hoyer is shot and for good reason. Given his concussion history I don't know BOB can continue to play him with a conscience.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Agreed on that point. Weeden should have been ready to go

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm thinking he's gone just by how terrible he played in the playoff game. If he went out there and did 1 td 1 int and we lost I would see him holding value as our backup QB or mentor to a rookie qb.

18. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

If hoyer is not let go in the next 60 days he will be the start next season and no qb good qb in the draft :mad:

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have a very hard time thinking that Hoyer WON'T be on this team next year.
    I think BO'B will give him one more chance . . .

I don't know about him starting but . . . . .

Personally. . . I'd prefer TJ YATES be our backup to Hoyer

I'd rather the moment be too big for your talent . .. than your mental

All Hoyer had to do . . . . was 1. Not turn the ball over 2. Move the ball without too many 3 and OUTs

He did neither

What part of the game plan did he effectively implement?
    Then again . . . it was a game plan that had JJ WAtt in the wildcat . . .so . . . .there is that

Rocket River

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If it was up to BOB, I'm sure Hoyer would be the starter next year, but it's not up to BOB, it's up to Rick Smith and Bob McNair and I have a hard time believing that Bob McNair would allow it.