1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Johnson Going to Jail

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by trueroxfan, Jun 10, 2013.

1. TheresTheDagger

From what I understand, this was not the first time he has been disrespectful in her courtroom. I think he's just a big dumb kid who is learning lessons he never got as a kid. Its a shame.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I still fail to see what he did wrong...he wasnt trying to be funny when he did that...only problem was that people laughed, so the judge got pissed. Had the crowd stayed quiet, it would have never even been reported that Johnson gave a love tap to his lawyer.

Even if it was so criminal, 30 days in jail? That's r****ded.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Are you suggesting that there's actually more to this story than what the media is focusing on? :eek:

People are acting like he is in jail just because he patted his lawyer on the butt. He's in jail because he assaulted his ex-wife.

#23 ima_drummer2k, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What are these imaginary rules of courtroom etiquette about anyways? What are we, powder face wig wearers? I've seen shows on TV about courtrooms where people are allowed to laugh. This whole system is arbitrary. Nobody in America can handle power. The second someone in powers butt gets hurt they go overboard.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope. The court agreed on the plea bargain. The judge gave him jail time for "disrespecting" the court. This will get changed soon. He won't be in jail for 3 days

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He took the case lightly. Athlete or not, slapping your attorney's butt is not an action that's condoned in any US court. A fist pump would have sufficed.

No judge for the most part would tolerate the mild laughter that ensued due to it.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That was actually entertaining. I've always hated Stephen A.....but gotta give him props there.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Of course it's a lady judge. Sorry, but you shouldn't change you decision based on emotion. She said the whole courtroom was laughing, more like 3 people. Not even a Ochocinco fan but that judge is a C U Next Tuesday

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Judges are like the soup nazi on Seinfeld. You can't mess around... at all.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The plea was rejected after the incident.

#30 Cannonball, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  11. Shaud

Shaud Member

So if he slapped the attorney on his back and said good job that's okay?

12. likestohypeguy

WHoah I just saw the video, and she clearly punished him for everyone else's reaction to it, moreso than the act itself. She knew it was just kind of a +1 to her praising his attorney, and said nothing for a long while, not until the laughter trickled through the courtroom. Then she got insecure & went on a power trip.

Still inappropriate behavior for the courtroom, but no way should he be punished to that extent. Maybe a day or something at most. Not deny his plea bargain. Surely an appeal or something will fix this.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sure.

It's all about setting. Johnson was clearly making light of the situation.

14. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

They are both idiots.

The facts were presented and a plee bargin was made, CJ does something stupid and negates all of the previous facts.

I think he'll serve some of the 30 before being released.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm as anti "femenazi" as anyone, I'll give women 9 critiques before I give 1 compliment.

And that was just dumb for Chad Johnson to do.

Because YOU KNOW that females in authority are MEGA b****ES. Female officers are notoriously NO-SH** takers. Best believe a female JUDGE is gonna be hardcore.

Yes she did overreact bad. 30 days, much too harse. She should get suspended too (but again law is too gutless to do anything punitive against women). And I think he did NOT do it for court entertainment value. She gave Chad's attorney a great compliment, which actually led to him showing his props with the pat.

But don't do it DURING the RULING. Can at least wait TIL AFTER.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Still with that said ...
    I do agree court settings can be very arbitrary. The judge can get sour in an instant for whatever reason, and it comes out in their rulings and you just happen to be there in that bitter time.

Though shows on TV are a bit different than real life. In real life sometimes the mood can be "positive", and sometimes court is just a grind all the way through. (My very few times in court)

There are bits of the court system etiquette thats antiquated with the "honor" thing. But its probably a way to keep the environment and the judge's mind "neutral", instead of things being slapstick and affecting judgements. And also courtrooms don't have the most upstanding citizens of society in there, there's some scrubs in there for a reason. Maybe gotta have some manner of control, no "inmates" running it.

17. Granville

Granville Member

I was in civil court today for a matter where my family was awarded a settlement. The judge was surprised that the government was willing to settle with us. She looked at me and I swear she asked me if I realized I had a good lawyer. It didn't cross my mind to pat him on the ass.

My lawyer had to remind me in court to stand up when the judge addressed me. The judge was actually nice and spoke to me as she passed by my attorney and me in the hallway afterward.

18. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Het gets ALOT of criticism but I've always liked him, Don't always agree with him but i think he's funny and for the most part sincere with what he's saying. He really seems disappointed with Chad.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

????

[​IMG]

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Well that didn't last long:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BREAKING: Chad Johnson will be released from jail after apologizing to Judge who sentenced him after slapping the backside of his attorney.</p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/statuses/346657351488643075">June 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>