1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Fords Mock Draft v4.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by coachbadlee, Jun 10, 2010.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This short video makes me think Aldrich will be almost a zero on offense. In addition to his slow-as-molasses, low-release shot, it doesn't appear he has any instincts for good footwork. His role in the NBA will be strictly to rebound and put a body on post scorers. But when you look at a complete chump on offense like Kendrick Perkins, Aldrich has a chance if he plays great post defense, knocks people around and grabs rebounds.

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Udoh? Young Shot Blocker??

Yes Please.....

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whiteside looked good in this workout, but will need some gametime experience to get it down. He had better moves than the other players. Nice bankshots. Making them almost effortlessly, like TIMMY would do. :grin:

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

IMO i don't think his shot blocking will translate to the NBA, given that he measured with a short standing reach and avg. athleticism. Plus the only position available in the our front court is the back-up center position, which will also limit his blocking ability, if we were to put him at that position.

--RB

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

If these mocks are any indication, and many small guys are moving up into the lottery, I'm having trouble seeing Morey standing pat at 14. If he can't move up to get a guy he wants, I think there's a good chance Morey will move down a few spots to get our future big.

If we do stay, I think an Xavier Henry/Paul George type, a guy who Morey can peg to be a future dominant wing, gets taken instead.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

id rather get one of those 2 guys or the baylor dude then gamble on a big guy.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No to Udoh! His stock has been dropping the past 2 weeks. Questions about him not being polished and still being to raw at 23 years old.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Can't believe you guys like Whiteside in this video... The dude has worked with Dream and has NO foot work at all.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Neither does/did Dwight Howard, Al Horford, Dikembe Mutombo, and most of the other guys in this workout. He did show that he can shoot the ball, and his college stats prove that he can rebound and block shots. The Rockets roster also doesn't need a big who plays in the post. We need a guy who can shoot, rebound well, and block shots on defense...

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The more I hear about Udoh, the less I like him for us. If we're going to take a flyer on a big man, and ALL of the big men potentially at 14 are projects at best, then I want at least a legit center. Otherwise it's a pointless exercise given that we have Scola and Hill at PF.