1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 3.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by redhotrox, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I like Henson's 4/5 versitility.

None of the guys you mention are 6'10"/6'11" shot-blockers. We have no idea what to expect from DMo. Pat has simply not taken the next step, and is a completely different type of player than Henson. Scola is purely an offensive presence with his scoring and assists, but is a real liability on the defensive end. At the center position, we may or may not pick up Dalembert's option. And as much as I like Camby, it's unrealistic to think he's gonna give you 30+ minutes every night at his age.

Yes Henson can play center, especially as he matures and fills out. There are plenty of productive centers at his height (Ibaka, Perkins, Horford, Al Jeff, Cousins, etc.) and the guy's got longer arms than any of those guys. His defense and shot-blocking can make an immediate impact and I like the idea of re-upping Camby to help him develop.

2. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

another PF? :rolleyes: uhgg

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I thought Henson was overrated at 8 but Henson at 15 is the steal of the draft. He has the same skillset as Larry Sanders the player I wanted 2 years ago only he is a step above Sanders at almost everything except blocking shots and he is pretty good at that. He can play both the pf and center positions. Just have to look at Garnett to see that. He will beef up more than him!

I would be a Happy Camper if we walked away with him. Camby Lite

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, how much weight can this guy add to his 210 lb frame?

5. Pete the Cheat

Camby is listed at 235 right now, so is 25-30 lbs a realistic projection?

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I personally think the Rockets won't take Henson unless they think he can play center. But I generally like the players I see in the area of the 15th pick. My personal opinion is getting someone with high upside, regardless of position. Morris and Motiejunas were both picks I liked for this reason. Morris' future is still up in the air, but we can see how Motiejunas has really turned things around since his stocked dropped in last year's draft.

I'm not a draft expert and don't pretend to be one, but I think if Leonard can walk and chew gum at the same time, the Rockets need to take a flyer on the kid. If he has even a 10-20% chance of being a legit NBA center that can protect the paint and not be horrible on offense, I'll take those odds. If the Rockets can trade up, I like Perry Jones. Length and elite athleticism who can play multiple positions can really flourish under McHale's guidance, IMO.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Just watched some his highlights. I never realized how freakish long his arms are from watch the tarheels this season! holy crap! I change my stance. 15th pick for him isn't too bad at all! If he can just get to 240lbs and if McHale and develop him, he'd be a great move.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Henson looks solid, I think he is a guy I could get behind drafting.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wish these guys would stop mocking us to Henson. He's terrible and if that's who we come out with, it will be a failure.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Meyers Leonard would be the better steal at 15. He would be ready to contribute at the 5 from day one. Why go for a player who is still developing in Henson. We need a double figure scoring, double figure rebounding big man.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Henson has measurables, but he hasn't shown me any kind of nose for the game. I get the feeling like his head's not in it, nor does he have anything resembling a killer instinct. In short, he's an athlete but he's not a baller.

I think Morey tends to pick skills and production over measurables, so I don't think it's likely he's on our draft board regardless of how much he drops.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Don't see us drafting Henson. He's simply too thin to play on the interior in the NBA. I think we take Moultrie at #15 if Henson and him are on the board together.

I can see us making a trade up to nab Sullinger as Scola's young replacement. This would allow us to move Scola along with Patterson and Lowry and Martin for.....Dwight. Something like that.

Morey always trys to get the best player that is available, meaning if there is a player with great potential sitting there and a team is drafting that doesn't really need him, then Morey will try to swing a trade. If Portland for instance is sitting there with Sully on the board, we may be able to move Lowry plus the Knicks pick for Sullinger.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I am just hoping the Knicks drop out now more than ever. Lamb or PJ3 could slide to that spot.

I know Perry is a high risk guy but one we can afford to take...and if Lamb is there then we can take him instead.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Henson falls to Houston with the Knicks pick they have to feel real good about that one.

What are two things you havent been able to say about the Rockets in the past .... well... who knows how long...

LONG and ATHLETIC.

Henson embodies that, and is the perfect draft prospect that you can have play behind guys like Scola, Patterson, Camby, etc. Realistically, the Rockets do not need a rookie to come in and start right away, and I cant think of a better "prospect" on this list I would rather have outside of the top 7 or 8 to groom and work with for a few years for the future.

He isn't as raw offensively as you might think, and even though he's listed at 6'10", he's much bigger because of his length. He would be the perfect player for the Rockets to pick up at that spot, unless they pickup someone who they feel can get minutes right away at any of the guard spots.

15. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

Ok, these guys act like Anthony Davis is going to be a star and contribute a lot next year. Look at his body, and now look at Dwight coming out of HS. Dwight did well with 10-10, but he was MUCH stronger and more mature. Every year the media looks at someone to overhype. They did the same thing with oden as they do with davis, the kid is going to be good, but marcus camby good, not Dwight howard good the way they make all the hoopla. And now its not just that he led his team to a title, they've done this all year

16. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I'd rather get Harkless even with the logjam at SF

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Yup, all the North Carolina recruits this years are overrated failures. It is a joke that 4 are of them are being projected as lotto picks.

Barnes [Not lotto pick]
    Kendall [Not NBA athelete]
    Henson [Not NBA body]
    Zeller [Looking good only because he is 4 years older than most lotto picks]