1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch2 video] McGrady says knee injury is for real

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Feb 11, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt, I think the team can not afford to go on like this and need to just move on......

They should say he is out indefinitly, and get him on a SERIOUS rehab program to strengthen the knee and Tmac's resolve and confidence in it.

Have him jumping off of it and everything.....the rest of the players can not wait for him to get his confidence back, that time has passed.

Move on without him.........

DD

2. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

cmon man, dont twist the facts. tmac's been asking to sit down, thus you had those game stretches where he was sitting out, as well as those skipping 2nd of back to back games. he asked for those remember? guys here even started calling him mclady,mclazy because he wasnt man enough to play through the pain.

it's adelman and dm who's been forcing him to play. they believe that there's nothing wrong w/ his knee and he should play. tmac thinks otherwise because he can feel the pain in his knee.

adelman needs to put his foot down and sit tmac. and tmac should stop reacting to people criticizing his heart/desire and forcing himself to play. if he thinks he's hurt, then he demand RA to list him as injured.

3. ibm

ibm Member

again, other than #1 took another mri by himself and has found nothing new so far, WHAT IS THE BIG NEWS FOR TODAY?

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

But if he gets it scoped there are no more excuses. As a few people have mentioned an MRI can miss some things. It seems all the experts feel the MRI is more than sufficient in Tracy's case but since McGrady insists on throwing out everything the doctors say it's time to scope that knee so that there is ZERO room for doubt.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Exactly...the Rockets report didn't say there was not cartilage damage, only that there was no change. The Rockets report seemed awfully vague to me.

That embarrassing dunk attempt was all I needed to see to know the knee is not right.

6. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

Good news is next year his contract will be trade bait.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

But today (Wednesday) and he had an MRI, something he did not have when he said it was fine yesterday (Tuesday)

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There was no change in the knee since the last MRI. The last MRI was looked at by several doctors and they all said "no structural damage to the knee"

Nothing vague about that.

9. DaDakota

Agreed, but to me that looks like he is covering his arse. I do think he is in some pain, and it probably feels great one day, and bad the next.

And on the dunk attempt he said he messed up his footwork but was FEARFUL of jumping off that knee, not that it was messed up, just that he was afraid.

I also believe the doctors are telling the truth that he has to work through it, and that eventually most of the pain will go away.

What I also believe is that TMac does not believe the doctors, nor trust his knee, and that is also a problem.

The only solution is to sit him, just sit him down for his own good and the good of the team.

DD

#189 DaDakota, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  10. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

i disagree with you most of the time with tmac, but this time i agree with you completely.

RA and DM needs to put their foot down and sit tmac. tmac wants to sit anyways, why force him to play?

11. DaDakota

I think they know he has a confidence issue and probably hoped he would have worked through his problems already, and are maybe hoping that once he finally does work through them, he will be pretty close to the regular old Tmac.

However, they have lost way too much ground while they wait, and now, it is coming at the expense of the team and this season in general.

I don't think they can afford to wait any longer, they should sit him.

BUT, put him on a strengthening program supervised by the team, work his BUTT out, a program designed to strengthen the muscles in the knee and to help him build confidence.

They need to protect their investment in Tracy, IMO.

DD

12. devin23

devin23 Member

GREAT post. Agree 100%.

13. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Member

You can't blame someone for being injured.

But the fact of the matter is the Houston Rockets aren't going anywhere with McGrady.

Its Not Tracy Mcgrady's Fault that hes injured but its also not not his fault!

You catch my drift?

14. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Ok, fine. But I don't have any doubt now, and TMac won't be satisfied with a happy result of any kind. So, by all means do the 'scope and let's live with this bs for another month.

And when TMac announces "'he's back" again there may be someone left who believes it.

15. Glacier

Glacier Member

Is this a drama that TMac intentionally plotted to avoid being traded by the Rockets? It just happened at such a subtle time.

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This whole situation has a twilight zone feel to it.

17. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

That's an reasonable plan for both the team and for Tmac. Rox gone too far to let Tmac to decide when he can play or not.

18. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Guys.. what the hell is happening.. I just got up.. missed today's game... and I am shocked to read all the drama..

can anyone tell me what the hell is going on with T-Mac? Is he out for the season? is he gonna play? hell. is he gonna be traded?

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i think you had it right earlier when you said the team should demand an exploratory scope should be done. if nothing is found there then this course of action should be taken.

20. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Dude, are you ignoring my point on purpose? Somebody fed Channel 2 news a line about the season ending/microfracture stuff. Who do you think that was?