1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] TMac: "I feel like I'm back"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 20, 2009.

1. anelka3913

anelka3913 Member

everything he said was all about him, how it has hurt himself and his game...doesnt seem sorry thatt he's hurting the team

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I got ya by 10 years....am 44 been a fan since 1972 (Which is before you were born BTW)......pass on the Smooth vs. DD charity game...but if you are ever in Austin, come on by Lifetime fitness and join in our noon time basketball games.

If you are lucky you won't get hit in the melon with one of my pinpoint passes.

:D

DD

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy's favorite play is the curl off the screen (that was a staple under JVG and adelman). that hasn't been called for him at all this season outside of a few times.

that will allow him to move more often; and he'll only move if he feels good. and hopefully he feels good.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

before he took the rest, he admitted he set himself AND the team back by keep playing; thats why he shut it down two times already.

5. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Wow, that'd be..... something.

We will all see. Heard enough talk. We will see once he actually gets onto the court and "plays well" with the team. No more of these, "I only took 5 shots the first half" quotes. With the way the Rockets are playing now, he can not come in and attempt to dominate the ball.

We will see how this works out very soon.

6. Classic

Classic Member

Probably the pessimism, but did anyone else feel like that you were sitting through a sales pitch?

I hope I see the old McGrady just like most but I have my doubts at this point as to whether he can buy into the team concept.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

What, do we live in a communist country now? Is everything suppose to be about the glory of Mother Houston?

8. DaDakota

Why didn't he do this workout in December when he shut it down?

Tmac should have done this already, it is what I have been blabbing about for months.

I am happy he is doing it now, but most would have done it BEFORE the season....and not in January.

DD

9. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

maybe he's motivated after today's inauguration! Yes he can!!

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If the reports are true, Tracy should comeback a completely different player. 5.1 to 4.69 damn.

11. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I play at the SW Lifetime in Austin. You want me to spot you some points? One point per year?

The cash goes to charity, everyone wins. Forty-four versus 34 isn't a huge difference in basketball age especially since I haven't played regularly in 2 years.

Even if I'm physically better, you can demonstrate how the deep understanding of the intangibles overcomes any talent difference.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

At this point, who really cares?

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Tracy! Come back and put up a few big games! Hurry... before the trade deadline!

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

How about a Clutch Charity Basketball Tournament. You could pair Clutch personalities with Celebrities, Retired Rockets players, etc....

Make it two on two or three on three.

Or forget the Celebrities. We can just do the peeps on the board. Some weekend in Houston. Do the tourney, raise some money, and then we all go to a game in a skybox.

Then I can throw a pinpoint bag of popcorn at Dada's mellon.

15. DaDakota

Dude, I play at the SW Lifetime at noon on Monday's and Thursdays.....you live out here? I live in Circle C.....

Again...pass on the one on one....I am WAY out of shape, with a cracked hip right now.....how did I crack it? Yep, playing hoops...got slammed going in for a layup...been out 5 weeks so far.....it is killing me not to play, but I will be back..

DD

16. DaDakota

That depends on whether the team ends up without homecourt and it costs them a better chance at advancing, now doesn't it?

DD

17. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah I'm Back! Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Ouch! Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Its all on me Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah It's my fault Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Sorry Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah I'm Back!

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Meaning what's done is done. Why get wrapped up on the past? Let's just be happy he is getting in shape and will be back healthy while the season's expectations are still salvagable.

19. DaDakota

I am happy he has his confidence back and finally decided to push it....but that does not excuse him for his lackadasical effort for the first half of the year, at least to me.

DD

20. sando

sando Member

Step up from the bench when we play Utah tomorrow night!