1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Summer League Interviews (7/07)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jul 7, 2007.

1. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Yao will run more, but he won't be posting so deep in the paint every time, it balances out, he will be fine 'cause he doesn't have to push against someone so much every game.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes, yes you are.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Not having to constantly fight for position in the paint may even preserve some years for Yao and help prevent some injuries. I really can't wait to see Yao in the high post Adelman offense.

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Thank you...I don't know why more people don't realize this. If anything he might get more of a chance to catch is breath if the team breaks and scores quickly he won't have to run all the way down to the other end.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He will be the secondary break, the trailer.....just like Kareem with the Lakers......

And Yao will be able to get good position because the defense will not be set when he gets there, giving him a chance to post RIGHT under the basket.

DD

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think Yao will be able to play longer minutes only because he won't have to work as hard to get points under Adelman's offense. Lets face it, the old offensive scheme was to either dump to McGrady, or Yao, and force a double or triple team. On the nights that the roleplayers were off the mark, Yao would have to bang constantly in the lane just to get 2 points. A more spread out offensive game for Yao probably means he won't have to chug along with all the elbows to the back, hip checks, scratches to the body, and just energy expended trying to create a single shot opportunity. Yao may average roughly the same amount of points next season but I think he'll get them and won't necessarily have to work as hard. Hopefully this translates into him having more energy to expend on 4th quarters where often times in the regular season he fizzled out.

7. seanluu

seanluu Member

an actual offensive system next season!! we averaged 90+ w/o one last year...can't wait til next season

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

no love for the international players.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am sure they interviewed the two higher draft picks, becuase they were exactly that. Novak is someone we all want to see succeed and the fans are already knowledgable about him.

As soon as the games start on Tuesday I would imagine we will hear a bit from (or about) Newley and Lior.