1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Morey updates McGrady status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Feb 19, 2009.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Exactly. He's dooped everybody. He'll be back.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The sit down discussion with everyone after the results seems like the organization ending it properly the way its supposed to be done. Basically taking the high road doing it their way instead of honoring McGrady's way. Though itll probably just be a formality that announces the same thing of McGrady shutting it down. 65/35 chance I guess

3. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Yeah, I agree. I don't believe the organization is guilty of anything where TMac is concerned, but at this point just tidy it up in a neat bundle and be done with it.

I'm still very angry.

4. 3rdRingsAComin

At first glance, you come across a just another angry fan, but you may be right. I hope your not for the Rockets sake, bc i think we will be fine without his drama. That dunk attempt killed his ego so he re-acted with more drama.

5. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

That's the way I see it too. Judging from the reactions after the ESPN report was released, the players and the coach have moved on.

6. right1

right1 Member

I was thinking the same thing. No missed dunk, no surgery.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Why would any of you want him to come back this season? Do you need to see that missed dunk all over again? I can't believe him coming back this season would even be an option.

Let him get healthy and come back next season whenever that might be.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Im not really angry, just calling it the way I see it. I don't believe in alot of what Tracy says and the whole thing is really confusing. He's embarrassed by the missed dunk and the trade deadline is over, so I think at some point he'll get over it and miraculously come back. As JVG says, he's a sensitive guy.

9. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Even if he is ok to play this year I don't want him to. He is of no benefit to this team what so ever. Even he came back and is good it would be bad as we still wouldn't win a title and Les would get his man love again and make Morey give him another max deal in 2010.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

How he announced it is exactly what I was referring to. I don't see how you could have interpreted otherwise. It was a straightforward post.

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

That'll be a tough sell. Not necessarily because it isn't likely but rather because McGrady has tried to believe that so many times in the past with no results that it's lost its effect. He's also likely so embarrassed about his performance this season that he doesn't believe in his own game anymore. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if McGrady reverses course again but my guess is he will do everything he can to stay off the court for at least the remainder of this season. He would also add to his embarrassment by having to flip flop for the nth time.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Honestly, I've been going back and forth on what has been going on with TMac. I can't remember ever witnessing such an awkward situation.

But for some reason, I've felt all along that the missed dunk was the reason for this fiasco. That and the trade rumors of course. The missed dunk was all over sportscenter and Mac was "embarrassed".

Any ways, I'm with the majority now. I've come to grasp the reality that we might not ever see him play another game in a rockets uni and I'm perfectly fine with that. Even if he returns this season, he has left a bitter taste in most rockets fans mouths. Not saying that a deep playoff run wouldn't change that, but TMac has made it nearly impossible for me to sport his jerseys ever again.

13. Lowry_Fan

Lowry_Fan Member

My definition of death is not winning a championship, because that was our goal going into the season. Therefore, death is currently our fate without Tracy. If T-Mac can comeback and get even 75% healthy, that will be enough with our depth and talent around him.

I hope our fans boo him like crazy. That's when McGrady responds the best. The track record is there.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope he wilts like a 3 day old rose.....he is done in Houston, and the team is better off for it.

Wafer is better than he is ......right now.

DD

15. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Calm down.

16. platy

platy Member

i dont even what the hell is going on anymore :confused:

this is gonna be nuts if tmac comes back like nothing happened to play in postseason

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets should get Tmac the surgery but then lay out a very strenous workout schedule.

And if he fails to abide by it, cancel his contract.

:D

DD

18. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets should put T Mac on the inactive list, and politely decline to discuss the subject any further until the off season.

19. yxgemini

yxgemini Member

Morey is softening the knot made by tmac's drama, hoping him back.
    If the front office confirmed tmac's season ending declaration, there is no going back. Morey just made the situation as ambiguous as possible. This will help tmac when he need to eat back his own words.

he is not done.

20. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

So, is Tracy coming back to play for the team this season?

I follow almost every thread every day yet I am "none the wiser" or however you put it.

Can we have a confirmation soon? Pretty please?

SS999