1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] McGrady interview - return uncertain, may pull out of all-star game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Check his 2005-2006 season when he had the worst stint of back injuries...no elevation on the jumpshot=even flatter jumpshot=even lower FG %.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

We are going lotto this season guys. The sooner you accept it the happier you will be. Don’t be angry. Don’t be stressed. Just sit back and watch the team give a full effort every night. We have bouts of sucktitude but at least the majority of the players are giving their all and making most games competitive.

Join me on the path to peace and enlightenment….

3. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I personally believe a leader should be able to put a team on his back and carry them. It doesn't mean dropping 50+ points or dishing out 10+ assists, but T-Mac is one of the few players who truly impacts the game. He attracts more defensive attention than any perimiter player not named Kobe or LeBron, and along with his actual skills and ability it just is just an amazing thing to see. I am not of the crowd that if you are the leader and act like pitbull that all of a sudden your team of chiwawa's will turn into pitbulls as well. But if you can impact the game the way T-Mac does, that is something that can run off on the team and make the game easier for them, as seen last year. That is what I mean by leading by example...he can carry the team and impact the game in which he makes the game easy for his teammates and gives them a great shot to accomplish anything just becaus eof his presence.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

You may be right. DraftExpress here I come.

5. ibm

ibm Member

i know the tolerance level of pain is different to everyone. that's why some play through the pains and some don't and can't. but c'mon, mcgrady's injury is not even close to, say, yao's rotten toe. if he can't go at 100%, he can go at say 60%. someone said him being at 60% is still better than some at 100% and i can't agree more. think about it. when rafer and ruther were turning the ball over to the 76ers, could a 60% #1 have done a better job and thus we as a team might have won that night? i think the answer is positive.

if (and that's a big if, which i don't know for sure), and only if he can play through the pain and soreness without risking further damaging his body, then in my mind he should suit up and play. the reason is quite simple. the team is in the danger of not making the playoffs as the time ticking away. the team needs his service. otherwise it's not fair to all the other players in a sense that he's occupying a 20mil cap space for nothing and we can't even trade him due to the injury.

if the truth is he'd further damage his body and so risk his career, then i'm all for more resting him.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I would say that his injury is probably somewhat worst than thought with that being said, I'm not quite ready to call it a season, yet. This team has more heart than given credit for. I believe both, Spurs game, 76ers game, and GSW game were all lost in the 4th Q.

I think these rookies (Scola, Brooks, and Landry) with little more playing time, and maybe get a little something out of Francis and James..might squeak into the playoffs, if Mac is out good portion of the season. Within the last month or so, if he comes back and we're hanging around 6 to 10, we get to the playoffs with healthy Mac.

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

TMAC is not feeling comfortable, fatigue, mentally not ready, has concerns.....

so much for being an overpaid loser.

Yao should start his shoulder surgery too. tank the season.

lottery all the way

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

All the people call Tmac 'quiter' are true quiters, because you guys quit on him first!

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

because he didn't try to play injuried previously and reinjury it right....

Posters on here are hilarious, We hate T-mac but damn why won't you come back please....

10. Phil

Phil Contributing Member

Guys, this is GOOD NEWS. I am not a T-Mac hater by any means. As my previous posts would indicate, I believe he makes this team better...when HEALTHY. I don't want to see him try to play when he's not healthy, especially when the problem is his knee (look how cautious the T-Wolves are being with Randy Foye's comeback). I know our situation is different b/c we're fighting for a playoff spot and in no position to nurse players, but I would much rather him get this thing completely healed and come back full strength. If you watched any of the games before he had this long time off, you saw a T-Mac that was not doing this team any good, not to mention risk for a worse injury to sideline him even longer.

For all the people thinking that he's "faking" this injury or taking longer than he needs, I would have to disagree. Look, this guy wants to win. It's clear that he's in the latter half of his peak years as a player. He knows he doesn't have too much longer in this league and he'd love to prove to everyone that he can win. Judging by how distraught he was after our last playoff exit too, he's not another player that's content with collecting his fat check and sitting out the rest of the postseason. I don't believe Roger Clemens deserves the benefit of the doubt in his situation, but I do believe T-Mac deserves some here with this injury. Hopefully, fans will understand.

11. vince123

vince123 Member

yeah take your time t-mac.anyway the team is better without you .we are going to trade you soon. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. OrangeCountyCA

what a waste of talent

get riddy of mcgrady

btw, what's the latest on francis?

13. vince123

vince123 Member

sorry for being rude.i forgot to say thank you man.great job as always

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

he faking an injury as well as he's trying to force a trade because he hates houston just like every other player on the rockets, didn't you know....

15. jason2

jason2 Member

I wonder whether Kobe had any "mental" issues before.... This is horrible excuse, especially for someone uses 2/5 of our budget. I can't find any other Mr. $20 million have the same problem.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are so strange. People get mad at t-mac for coming back and trying to play injured when he goes 1-10 and sucks it up and we lose the game. People ask why he didn't take it easy if he was hurt.

So now, when he is hurt, and he's trying to make sure he comes back in a way that contributes, people go crazy!!!!

Dude, the man has a knee injury. It's not an ankle, or a toe, or a strained hip, or a bad finger or a sore whatever.

He has a knee injury. And that's the kind of injury you have to take caution with. So freakin relax and wait. This ain't the playoffs, this is the REGULAR SEASON.

Do you think management want's their star player limping around during mid-season?

17. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Let me know when 16 mil = 20 mil, and what does Kobe have to do with the Rockets?

18. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Guess you don't remember "Mr. $90 million Nike deal before stepping onto an NBA court" sitting out 5 straight games earlier this year when he sprained a finger on his NON-SHOOTING HAND!!!!

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

This thread has 6 pages already! It just showed how popular Tmac is!

20. jason2

jason2 Member

because SF3 gets $2 million and T-MAC gets $20 million.